Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Through the Years......

Dear Keystone,
We are the original owners of an early 2002 3295RK that we bought off the lot (Traveler's RV in Reno, NV) in July 2001. We are now officially in the market of "looking around" for a new 5th wheel with the idea that we'll be buying within the next 12 month period. Below are the items of concern that we (D&Montheroad) have written to you about through the years on this forum. We've attended RV Shows to keep a watch on what you and other manufacturers are doing and have seen that you indeed have listened to us and other Montana owners on some of our ideas. There are many other areas of the Montana that we'll be scrutinizing, but have you listened and acted enough? That will be the question we answer when it's time for us to put our money down on a new rig. Hopefully it's a Montana.

MOCers have really raised the bar when it comes to ideas for improvements in the Montana line and they want to be loyal to the Keystone Montana line when it comes time to retire the old and buy new. It's up to you to keep us loyal.

PS.... Number 3 below is really, really important to the wife as she loves to cook. You still have time before we buy to help me keep her making recipes and not reservations!

Posted - May 31 2007 : 1:19:21 PM “Steamy Showers”
In our rig, we shower with all the vents open, the bathroom door open and the bathroom fan turned on, but it seems there should be more venting.
The shower stall itself steams up easily and when the shower door gets opened after taking a shower, you can see all that steam go into the bedroom suite.
Wondering if a vent over the shower instead of a skylight would be a practical thing to do? Would it rust out fairly fast? Just a thought.
7/10/12: How about a skylight that opens?

Posted - Jun 25 2007 : 1:41:45 PM “Windows On Each Side of the Headboard”
RE: The windows in the slide-out on each side of the head of the bed. Do they still come as the "lift-type?".
The ones in our 2002 model are the type that lift-up to open. They are equipped with two locking tabs that require a person to be sitting up near the window and while using both hands, push both the tabs at the same time while lifting the window open.
Equipping that area with sliding windows would be much easier on a person. Then the windows could be managed with one hand while leaning across the bed. Or during the night if you wake up and want a little air, you wouldn't have to sit up and use both hands to open the window. Just reach over, lift the locking handle and slide the window open.

Jun 25 2005 : 12:31:18 AM “Raising The Oven”
How about raising the oven up to waist/chest level and save my poor aching back and knees each time I have to light it?
(Keeping the pilot light on for the duration of the "camp" doesn't help as just one session of being on the floor on my knees, extending out my right arm while I try to lay my head on the open oven door and crank my head to the left so I can see what I am doing is traumatic enough.)
7/10/12: Still waiting for this important change to come about.

Posted - May 31 2004 : 4:53:31 PM “Door Windows”
We would like to do "something" to our door window also. It magnifies the light in the morning and if someone is trying to sleep on the couch the light glares into their face. Also, have you ever walked by another 5ver at night? You can pretty much see thru the door glass at night... shadows are very crisp and clear.
Don't exactly know what the answer could be... clear glass?, curtains?, blinds?, dark glass?
The problem is when the door is open, it is exposed to all types of weather.
It could be something that Montana might want to look at to make their 5vers better for the consumer. Another thought is a clear window that has a mini-blind "sandwiched" between two layers of glass. Then we could see out when we wanted to or have the blinds closed. Just the adjustment wand/cord would be exposed to the elements. I've seen these in offices and a few homes.
7/10/12: Still waiting for an improvement on this and like the idea of the mini-blind sandwiched between two layers of glass.

Aug 21 2003 : 10:23:44 PM “Size of the Water Closet”
One thing we both agree upon is that the "Water Closet" needs to be larger. Even if that means enclosing the commode, shower & sink in one room together if that will give more room around and in front of the commode. We will definitely be taking a closer look at that in the future when we buy our next 5th wheel. That would be reason enough for us NOT to buy if we weren't happy with the commode space. PS....anyway to make the commode taller?
7/10/12: YAY! for the all-enclosed bathroom!!!

Aug 02 2004 : 01:00:15 AM “Grate Over Burners”
The grate (I hope that's what it is called) over our burners flakes each time we use it. It has from the first day of use back in July 2001 and still does with each use.
It is poor quality metal? Bad coating? Anyone else have this?

Posted - Jul 01 2003 : 02:16:56 AM “3295 Monitor Panel Location”
Don't know if I ever brought this up before... but the location of the Monitor Panel on the 2002 3295RK is a terrible location as you can't get to it when the fifth wheel is closed up.... unless you want to slide on the kitchen island counter & over the sink on your belly to the back wall and try to read it or try to turn off the heater or pump. Hopefully this will (or has been) changed.
7/10/12: Thank you for making this change few years back.

Posted - Jul 12 2003 : 02:00:15 AM
One thing that really bugs us is that the heating & air conditioning ducts are exposed in the basement. Makes it pretty tricky putting items in the basement & trying to get them out without snagging a duct.
7/10/12: Another idea change you listened to. Thank you.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Funny how these things play out. You note #3 as very important to your D/W... my D/W is adamant about that too. But she is adamant that she does NOT want an oven and would rather have that space for storage.

Solution...make one way standard and the other way an option.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote