Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
joemar81

M.O.C. #5625
Warning - Apollo Microwave Convection Oven

We have an Apollo Microwave/Convection Oven in our new Montana. We also had one in our Keystone Zeppelin Travel Trailer and I really enjoyed it. Used the one in the Montana for the first time last night. It cooked the proper amount of time and I took out the muffin cake I was making. Shortly thereafter my husband noticed that the heating element was still heating. We could not get it to go off. Had to turn it off with the fireplace/microwave switch. If I turn the switch on today, the element will still heat up. Plus the door won't open! Taking it back to the dealer next week to have several issued addressed. But just wanted to warn everyone about this.

joemar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
We also had problems with our Apollo Micro/convection oven -- we lost heat completely.--- everything seemed to work but no heat at all. When we took out the unit we found that our oven came from the factory with no ductwork over the fan that is mounted at the back of the oven so it was just spinning and doing nothing. No air being circulated around the oven to cool the circuitry and we speculate that this might have been the reason for the burnout. We bought a replacement oven and it arrived with ductwork.

We suggest that folks check to see that there is strong air flow coming out of the top grill whenever the oven is working. If not, the ductwork might not be there.

Les.
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
We are on our 5th Appollo oven. The first 2 just quit working, some of the replacements were used replacements with dents on the inside and grease. The 4th one had a bad retaining seal around the glass door. We are using this one, hopefully it will give us good service.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote