Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2006, 02:30 AM   #1
Montana_5281

M.O.C. #5281
Sewer Flushing System

We have a 2005 3255 model and the sewer flushing system does not appear to be working. It looks like the system is plugged as no water goes into the tank. Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone know where the control panel for this connection is? The owners manual isn't helpful.

Montana_5281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:55 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying that the water from the toilet doesn't empty? Does the shower water not drain? Is the galley not draining? There are no controls that keep the water from going into the black and grey water tanks.

Are you saying that you can't dump the tanks? Someone who has the same model should be coming along to help you.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #3
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
If you mean the back flush, theres a valve in the line that stops any thing from coming out. This might be stuck and not letting water in. Im not sure on your model but I've heard That some have it under the bathroom sink. Hope this helps.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Hi Sherrytnh. Are you talking about the dark tank flushing system? if you are there is a hose conection that has to be conected to the hose bib and the trailer connection that is the way mine works I dont think yours is any different from the rest of us, mine is located on thestreet side just above the basement door and in most places near the outside shower. also the use of a regulater on that conection is not recomended you need max pressure to blast away in the tank.
I hope this is what you were refering to. if not a call to the dealer you purchased the RV from should help you, didn't they do a PDI walkthrough with you when you picked up your new trailer.

TT2
Old 04-05-2006, 05:47 AM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Assuming that you mean the black tank flush system, search the forum using "black tank flush" and other similar words. Be sure to go back at least one year. Lots of info there.

If questions remain, come back with them and someone will certainly have experience with your model Monty. The anti-syphon valve mentioed above is often the culprit...not a big deal, but your dealer needs to replace it, if it is bad.

Let us know how it worked out..
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #6
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sherrytnh

We have a 2005 3255 model and the sewer flushing system does not appear to be working. It looks like the system is plugged as no water goes into the tank. Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone know where the control panel for this connection is? The owners manual isn't helpful.
Sherrytnh,

I just finished unclogging my black tank flush. If your problem is anything like mine, it’s not a quick easy fix. I had to drop the belly pan and remove the flush nozzle from the black tank. It was hopelessly clogged. I cleaned out all of the ports (it’s like a sprinkler head) and it works fine now.
I first thought it was the anti siphon valve as there have been several MOC members that have had problems with it. I removed it but found that it was working as it should. You might want to check that first before you go to the trouble of removing the nozzle.
To my knowledge, there isn’t a control panel. It’s plumbed direct from the street side of the coach to the anti siphon vale and finally to the side of the black tank.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kwbosch, since you are the only person I know who has actually seen the spray mechanism would you mind telling us a bit more about it? You said it is like a sprinkler head so I assume it is a single head? Does it go in the top or the side of the tank? Which way does it spray? Is it likely to cover all of the tank floor or just part of it? The sides? Are the nozzles large enough to do a good job in your estimation, assuming adequate water pressure at the water source?

Sorry so many questions but I've wondered about this and you have actually seen it.

Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Kwbosch, since you are the only person I know who has actually seen the spray mechanism would you mind telling us a bit more about it? You said it is like a sprinkler head so I assume it is a single head? Does it go in the top or the side of the tank? Which way does it spray? Is it likely to cover all of the tank floor or just part of it? The sides? Are the nozzles large enough to do a good job in your estimation, assuming adequate water pressure at the water source?

Sorry so many questions but I've wondered about this and you have actually seen it.

Thanks.
Steve,

The flush head is a plastic molded flange with a tube that protrudes into the end of the black tank about half way up and sprays the tank lengthwise. It has holes drilled around the periphery and the end of the tube. See the link below for a picture of it.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...=3495&src=SRQB

I cleaned out all the holes with a paper clip and hooked it up to our garden hose (after I soaked it in Clorox, of course). It sprays in all directions but since it’s in a fixed position, I doubt that it really does much for cleaning out the tank. If the spray head rotated, it would be much more effective.
My tank runs across the inside of the frame I-beams so it’s about 5’ long by 18-20” wide and maybe 8” deep. I think the tank walls close to the spray head get most of the action and the rest of the tank gets very little. The spray head is located on the curb side of the coach and the drain outlet is on the street side so it’s supposed to wash everything toward the drain.
That’s probably way more than you wanted to know about the No-Fuss Flush but you asked so there ya have it.
BTW, I’m pretty darn sure that my blockage was caused by what looked like a wad of very fine seaweed. It had to have come from the campground water supply. I’m going to get a cheap water filter just for the flush. I don’t want to go through this exercise again anytime soon.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #9
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Kwbosch,

Good post, Thanks for all the info, I'm sure lots of us wondered how that system worked. The manual doesn't always show & tell you too much.

J & D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Excellent, Ken, thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize it's the same as what CW sells so that is interesting to know, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #11
Roman4
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3018
Ken--
Thanks for that information and link. The design of the flushing system is something that I had wondered about and I appreciate your description.
Roman4 is offline   Reply With Quote