Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 03:54 AM   #1
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Water Pump hidden ?

Water Pump Location
I have a 2005 Mountaineer 326FKS TT and it appears the water pump is in an inaccessible area. I can hear the pump running at the left rear of the trailer but there is no way to get to it. Does this trailer ( or any Mountaineer) not offer a means of access to the water pump or have that extra valve and hose that I had on my Mobile Scout to winterize ?

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Our previous unit was a 315rl and the water pump was to the left and under the sink. You had to take out the bottom drawer to access it. Hope this helps.
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
Ours is at the bottom of the cupboard, there is an inset panel with 4 screws. Take out the screws and remove the panel an there it is. I had to chase it down by from the sound because the dealer did not know either.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
2004 Mountaineer 297RKS has a hunk of paneling below the frig. Four scews and the panel comes off, and there is the pump and the land power cord.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
On our 328RLS it is under the countertop monted to the floor. Pull out the bottom drawer to the right of the sink and it is right there.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:54 AM   #6
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Well....... the sound from my pump is coming fom behind my three drawer chest in my bedroom. I can pull a drawer out but it is under the rear drawer sealed behind a pannel with no access that I can find. I guess I will have to start unscrewing things etc. to make an access for when the pump needs service. I would rather do that now than on the road.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Found the pump on my trailer.
The pump is under the bottom left drawer of the chest...... ALL sealed up.
Not servicible from the factory.
I took the 2 drawers out of the chest (Left side), removed the brackets for the drawers, and pryed the stapled down piece of thin panel like cover. The water pump and the main electrical supply chord connection box are in the same area, though they are seperated by a thin panel material as the cover I pryed up.

I removed the staples form the cover and refastened down the cover with a few screws.
There, now I know how to get to the water pump when if I need to.

BTW, on my trailer, if you happen to push the electric chord plug past the plastic "feelers" of the access door and too far into the trailer, you will be sorry.
Another bad design. My other brand trailer has a big door that you can open and reach into for electric chord access.
I mention this because, The new access into my water pump area also gets you into the elctric chord area, which I may have to get into someday.