Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #21
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Never a problem with MCD roller shades. They were on previous Keystone 5ers owned. On my 2017 they are a junk look alike. Three were broke before I purchased and replaced. Now have 3 more that need replaced. The replacements have held up so far.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #22
gkonney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19870
We have "Slow Rise" in our Legacy Edition and I thought they put the premier brands like MCD in a LE Monty? They have performed well although 2 have fallen off the wall due to poor mounting at the factory. They use those self-tapping screws on everything, over torque them until they strip!
You can follow us at: https://campingkonneys.wordpress.com/
gkonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:52 AM   #23
CITRIX43
Established Member

M.O.C. #18759
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Never a problem with MCD roller shades. They were on previous Keystone 5ers owned. On my 2017 they are a junk look alike. Three were broke before I purchased and replaced. Now have 3 more that need replaced. The replacements have held up so far.

I have a shade that will not roll up, any suggestions?
Thanks
CITRIX43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #24
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Irvine Shade and Door

On our unit - the white "black-out" shade over the table will not stay down. I have to "hook" it on the valence bottom to keep it down. Also the rear window black-out shade will not go up. I emailed Irvine Shade couple of months ago and the response is below. This is on my list to fix one of these days soon...maybe this weekend. Irvine Shade does have some videos on their site

yes, It's your spring, (black knob) - go back on website, may need to take spring apart. Teeth came out of groves. Easy fix. Then re adjust. We do have written instructions too. Click on the actual word support. Go down just a bit. Will see 2 columns of stuff. thank you If this won't work we can send you a new spring.
Have a Great Day! Thank You
Cheryl Reed <Cheryl_isd@outlook.com>
**Warranty/Cust Serv
Irvine Shade & Door Inc
(574)522-1446 (ph)
(574)522-0568 (fx)
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #25
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITRIX43 View Post
I have a shade that will not roll up, any suggestions?
Thanks
Only one? Take it down and the mfg will be listed on it. Call for parts. Easy fix. 8 of 10 on my 5er have failed during warranty. So far those replaced have held up. Will be going a different route.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 09:00 PM   #26
Gregorypscott

M.O.C. #33499
Yep, we have a 2023 keystone Cougar. We have had two black roller shades replaced already and the dealer has ordered SEVEN NEW ONES that are doing the same thing . They will work great one moment, then the next time you pull them down they just roll back up. Just had another one (8 now) not stay up! Warranty ran out this month and we may have to pay for this one. No way am I buying these.
Gregorypscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 09:59 PM   #27
Gregorypscott

M.O.C. #33499
What parts? We are also on 8 that they are sending us. 1 of the 8 is on the second time it stopped going up. We have never been offers parts to fix them?
Old 10-15-2023, 10:01 PM   #28
Gregorypscott

M.O.C. #33499
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Only one? Take it down and the mfg will be listed on it. Call for parts. Easy fix. 8 of 10 on my 5er have failed during warranty. So far those replaced have held up. Will be going a different route.
What parts? We are also on 8 that they are sending us. 1 of the 8 is on the second time it stopped going up. We have never been offers parts to fix them?
Old 10-16-2023, 05:44 AM   #29
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Gregorypscott - Montanas have come with OEM day and night shades by Irvine Shade since 2016 (??? don’t hold me to it!). I think before 2016 Montanas had pleated/corded day/night shades. I am not certain if 2023 and 2024 Montana models still use Irvine Shades. Do you know who the manufacturer is for your Cougar shades? Can you post a photo or two?

For several years, Irvine Shade was very accommodating to Montana Owners. I called them on several occasions with issues and the sent me new inside parts (springs and adjustment knobs) to correct my shade operation…FREE! They always answered the phone and my email questions. I think they may charge for parts and shipping now…seems I have read that here in the forum over the past year or so. All of my shades currently “work”…the bigger shades have to have assistance to roll up. The shade over the dining table has to be jiggled for a bit until I hit the sweet spot to make it stay down and not slowly retract. I have fixed the big rear window shades so they don’t fall down during transit. DW does not have the patience to deal with them so I take care of the shades. As I said - they all “operate as designed”…sort of.

If you want flawless shades you need to consider self installing something you can find at Lowe’s…or spend big bucks for MCD Innovations located in McKinney TX.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote