Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2022, 09:13 AM   #1
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Remote EMS monitoring

Just FYI - if you have internet available in your rig when you're not there, there is a device that provides a gateway for remote access to some "smart" devices on your rig. It is called RV Whisper. I have it connected to my Mopeka propane tank monitors and my Watchdog EMS, as well as a temp/humidity sensor (came with my RV Whisperer). Attached is an screenshot of the somewhat hokey looking interface.

It emails me in the event of a power outage and I can remotely access historical data as well. Graphs show per leg: volts, amp, watts, Kwh used, error codes and RSSI. Also shows total KWH.

Note that my rig is completely powered by my Victron inverter so my network stays up during an outage (though I'd still get an alert if RV Whisper doesn't check in with their server).

No affiliation with RV Whisper - just a satisfied customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220709-094230_Chrome.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	12438  

RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipNC View Post
Just FYI - if you have internet available in your rig when you're not there, there is a device that provides a gateway for remote access to some "smart" devices on your rig. It is called RV Whisper. I have it connected to my Mopeka propane tank monitors and my Watchdog EMS, as well as a temp/humidity sensor (came with my RV Whisperer). Attached is an screenshot of the somewhat hokey looking interface.

It emails me in the event of a power outage and I can remotely access historical data as well. Graphs show per leg: volts, amp, watts, Kwh used, error codes and RSSI. Also shows total KWH.

Note that my rig is completely powered by my Victron inverter so my network stays up during an outage (though I'd still get an alert if RV Whisper doesn't check in with their server).

No affiliation with RV Whisper - just a satisfied customer.
Ok...wow. The first I've heard of this. I see it interfaces with certain stand alone blue tooth devices. How much internet data does it consume?
Old 07-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #3
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
I reset my router periodically so I haven't recorded usage over a period of time. However, others have reported about 300 MB per month running 24/7 which sounds about right to me. Mine seems to transmit periodically (seconds, not minutes) at 17 B/s (bytes not kilobytes).
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 10:19 AM   #4
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
I can see where this would be a must have for full timing. I don't full time but I do like the ability to monitor the temp and humidity especially if I were to leave my dog inside for a bit.