Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #21
CaptnJohn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
I agree with you about staying at a campground for at least 2 days. Otherwise I might as well have stopped at a truck stop or Wally World. When driving i do like to go for about 11 or 12 hours. Stopping for fuel and eats. Those 2 or 3 hour driving days that people talk about just don't cut it for me.
I agree ~~ why pack up to drive only 2 - 3 hours? I'm older now (69) so prefer driving 8 - 10 hours unless destination is within 12. Usually stop every 2 - 3 hours for fuel, eat, walk the dog, etc so surely not overtired in 10 hours. If snow ~ that can make a difference.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #22
The Bone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17521
IO will have a couple 2 and 3 hour trips. We went from Ashland New Hampshire to Portland Maine then short trip to Boston. Then we will have a long drive to Philadelphia Pa. Spending at least 3 full days because we may never make it back and want to experience as much as we can.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #23
Loneoak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19514
We have found on a long road trip that six hours is perfect. This means you are not in a rush to leave in the morning and you arrive in time to set up camp and make dinner.

When we drive to Florida the trailer is winterized so we do two twelve hour days, stay at Walmarts, eat out for dinner and arrive in Florida at our park around mid day.