Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
A few thoughts on my truckee

I was driving across town a couple of days ago to change out a 2 HP. fan motor for a 30 year customer of mine, (an Antique mall.)
As I was driving to the job, I looked around the cab of the truck and smiled, it is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned, it's quiet, luxurious as any top-of-the line car, and has any option a man could want. I really feel lucky to be able to own it, and love it dearly.
I have had a good number of new trucks, running a service business and all, but I have never been as happy with one as this one. I had 5 new Chevy's and three new Fords. The Chevy's were great, and the other Fords great as well, but this one stands out in my mind for many reasons.
The darn thing sucks fuel like crazy, that part I don't like much at all, it takes me a few turns 'jockeying' to get straight in a parking space, but that is because the painting crews don't mark the spots for big trucks, probably average size cars, I imagine.
I don't mind parking way out and walking a ways, usually I park next to a curb, or end spot and hug the passenger side. My electric folding mirrors keep people from running into them, which is nice.
I drive the speed limit, which drives many drivers crazy, they don't like to be behind a big truck, I guess, but they will have to deal with it, doesn't bother me anymore. I used to get mad when they tailgate me, and slow way down, but I finally figured out that was childish, and stopped being fun after a while.....
The one thing I miss is the feeling when I floor it, man it is a head snapper, so much power and torque. I had to make myself visualize a stack of $5.00 bills on the dash, and every time I floored the pedal, they flew out the window....
Now, I visualize a full Styrofoam cup of hot coffee on the dash, if I am gentle on the accelerator, I don't spill the coffee.
Not as much fun, but a Cowboy does what a Cowboy has to do...
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote