Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
CAPTSMIR
Established Member

M.O.C. #8946
Send a message via AIM to CAPTSMIR Send a message via Yahoo to CAPTSMIR
Entertainment Center

We have a 2008 Montana with a H,dvd/cd/ radio/ surround sound system that has gone bad. Has anyone else had this situation and what did you replace it with? Does your new system have hdmi outputs? Thanks.

CAPTSMIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
After one free replacement I threw ours in the trash. Took a Sony from the stick home and now it works great.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
CAPTSMIR
Established Member

M.O.C. #8946
Send a message via AIM to CAPTSMIR Send a message via Yahoo to CAPTSMIR
Did you connect the surround? As you can see I'm not electronically inclined. What did you do with all the little speaker wires?
CAPTSMIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
coyoterick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10239
Here's what I did when mine died:

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=44035

The Samsung HT-C550 I replaced it with has one HDMI output.

coyoterick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Ours on the '07 Montana went bad 2 yrs ago. No brand name on the unit, the remote, or on the manual. Still do not know who made it.
I went to Best Buy. They had a number of different Blu ray DVD home theater systems. We had a number of Blu ray DVDs at home so it was a good time to upgrade. It also plays standard DVDs. A Panasonic was the closest in physical size to the original so that is what I bought. It came with new speakers (they all did) so I also replaced the old speakers, using the original speaker wiring. It does have an HDMI output.
It has a setup mode where you can test the speakers and set the individual sound bias for each. I set the subwoofer level pretty low. It doesn't take much bass to fill the small trailer. That also allows you to verify that you have the correct output wired to the correct speaker.
Sounds much better than the old system.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I replaced mine with the LG surround unit. I used their sub-woofer and the existing speakers in the Monty.I also gained the blue-ray on this one. I used the LG because the speaker wires would clip in the receiver where all the others where proprietary to their own plug ins. I didnt want to cut and splice wires. It works well.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote