Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #41
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Wal-Mart has its own point of entery into the us so many products are brought in and the n labled made in usa but they were not as the little smaller operation can not have the money to have its own point of entery ,, check it out also why just why do you think wal-mart is cheeper they say on the truck always less money lots of people belive it as also sams club boy is that a high price store , most don't shop anyplace else so they never know buy the leaders in all stories and beat them to the punch an old retailer john

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #42
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
There's a Federal law against switching labels, you should report them to the Feds.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #43
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Wal-Mart, Yea right, lower prices are not the real business model, but the one they want you to think. Like Mercedies saying there Vehicles are enginneered better. There enginneers are better than ours? The business plan Sam Walton used was drive everyone out of business and you have the market place to yourself. Don't believe it, Do your law research. State of Oklahoma Vs Wal-Mart.. By the way The State Won.

As for China, they make stuff just like anyone else in the world we trade with. The problem i have with China is they won't let their currency (renminbi)float against other currency's. So it ends up we give up more US Dollars for produxts they make and we get under valued renminbi for products we make and sell over there. If your going to do real free trade, then let your currency float against the world market.
Sorry..... Just made me have to speak out.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #44
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I'm not sure how we got from China made RV's to bash Walmart. In my last Trailer Life Mag there was more about European RV's than China's. Now in my town here in Brownsburg, there was an IGA Store named "Jessie's". Kroger opened up a new store in a new shopping center and Marsh moved across the street and expanded. "Jessies" IGA closed. So WalMart Superstore came to town. Across the road Krogers re-modeled and expanded. Then Sullivan's hardware a local owned store moved down the street from Walmart and they are expanding. Then Kohls opened a store just blocks from Walmart and so did Lowes. So did Walmart cause a bunch of local businesses to close - no they all expanded and got bigger because of the increase traffic Walmart brought in. Across the street from Walmart just recently a new electronics store opened. So I guess I am having trouble bad mouthing Walmart causing businesses to fail JMO from our little town of Brownsburg IN.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #45
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
While inflating tires to hook up read the following on my compressor.
"Made in the USA with foreign made parts and materials". Compressor is a Sears. You are going to lead a spartan life if you only buy goods made in the USA and with USA parts and materials.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #46
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
I've been following this thread for a while so let me get this straight.....Walmart is now selling RV's made in China???? What will they think of next?
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #47
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Hugh you got it all wrong. This thread is about Chinese made louvered tailgates for travel trailers being pulled by 2500HD's beefed up to 450 with Chipped motors.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:10 AM   #48
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
No Hugh and Indy: It is about tailgates made of the new high tensele glass made in China and Cuba being sold at WAL-MART... JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:05 AM   #49
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Now I understand...I think. But what is the difference in a Chinese 3/4 ton trucks suspension and a 1 ton SRW American truck?
AND how are the Chinese air bags holding up on TV....do they have any lead in the bags?
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:15 AM   #50
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Chinese air bags are put on the front of TV and hold up really well there. Sure makes a big difference. It is like the camper business in China. Hard to get drawings or shematics of anything to see what they have done to improve anything. You just have to own one to see the difference.....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote