Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Water heater for bathroom sink

One of our big peeves is the cold water when you wash your hands. Has anyone found a small water heater for bathroom sinks that mount under the sink and give warm water to wash hands, like i put in my bathroom at home. It relly helps there cause it takes about 30 seconds for warm water to reach bathroom sink all the way from the other end of the house.

RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 07:05 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
What an interesting suggestion/question. And to think that we just wash our hands in the kitchen sink when it is really cold (or when we are on a site with no water hookups) so we don't have to wait for the hot water. Are you talking an "instant hot" type of water heater?? Is it electric or gas?? Great thought/solution.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #3
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
The idea is interesting, but the house types put out instant HOT water for kitchen use. I am not sure if they are adjustable. I know for a fact they are electric; not sure of the amps, but due run on 110V.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Native Tex, Just spent about a week and a half at the Ditto landing RV camp. Cold wet and muddy, but a nice park. Had a heck of a time getting my Montny on Lot 15. Had two trees about as close together as the width of my Monty. Took me a while but finally got it in. I would have moved to another site but my son reserved 15 for me just to see if i could get between the trees. I was bound and determined to do it.. Think I will pick another site the next time.

I like the instant hot water Idea.
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
I found a water heater that looks interesting. Go to this web site.

http://store.yahoo.com/irawoodinc/eepofuseltaw.html
Old 03-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Also look at this one.

http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Heati...mintankbuy.asp
Old 03-30-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
in our stick house, we have a circulator pump hooked up. it works as there is an extra water line run to each sink. that way the hot water is always circulating (if it's turned on)no more cold blast of water.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:00 AM   #8
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
You might also check out marine supply web sites as there is an instantaneous water heater that they put into sailboats. They are propane operated.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:31 AM   #9
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Note that although recirculating hot water is great, it is very inefficient and makes the hot water heater run more and longer. That is because the cooler water from the remote location is constantly being sent back to the water heater, causeing it to come on.

I am going to marine supply sites now to look for water heaters.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:25 AM   #10
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RADHAZJOE

I found a water heater that looks interesting. Go to this web site.

http://store.yahoo.com/irawoodinc/eepofuseltaw.html
Those look great, but the amperage to run them is pretty high. Looks like 10-20 amps typical. You would have to carefully look at your total amp draw prior to installing one. I run 2 A/C units in the summer, plus 2 TV's and associated sat receivers. Don't think I have an extra 10 amps to spare!
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote