Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Cat's Bathroom

Inbetween dogs, my wife rescued a kitten while we were in Mexico, so now we have a cat that lives with us (plus we just got two dogs). The litter box was not a popular addition to the old 5W to say the least, and not something to put in our new 3575. To make all players happy, we cut a hole in the wall at floor level through to the basement storage area, but above the wall frame (about 2 ").
With our model, it was best to make the hole next to the stairs going to our bathroom. We used a RV electrical access door for a pattern and to finsh the hole. It also has a lock, so we can keep the cat from using it when required. We made a short (6") tunnel from the access door to fit into a similar hole we made in the side of a 20 gallon storage container toward the back edge of it. The door side of the tunnel is fixed to the doorway so that it will not move which allows you to slide the container away from the tunnel to remove from the storage compartment. Inside we have a box with the litter which gets changed every two or three days. Our 20 gallon container is tall which requires that it be removed to get the lid off and change out the litter box inside. Perhaps a person could find a container which opened on the end or if you have short cats, you could use a smaller container! No smells.

MoBillTuxRexandPrincess

mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Watch the dogs the love to forage through the litter box and EAT. say no more... and I hope you like HAIR BALLS that is another nice thing that cats will give you. had one for years, and had to have him put down, got messed up internally, Poor....Rico. but your I idea with the tunnel sound like something that a cat would love to have.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:23 AM   #3
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
The dogs are too large to fit through the access door which is 6" X 6" to get at the "almond roca". Haven't had to deal with hairballs, etc. We have a "Little Green Machine" for those problems. The cat which is strange loves to travel in the 5W while we go down the road and it much nicer than having him use his litter box in the truck.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #4
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Can you post a picture? I would LOVE to see it finished. My daughter wants one of our 3 cats to travel with us, but so far have declined because you just can't get away from the odor from the box, even if you keep it clean as I do.

Thanks, would appreiate it.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:56 AM   #5
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Sue, will try to figure out how to post some pix. The computer stuff is new to us. Just recently got Starband satellite internet, so we are catching up with the rest of the world. Problem is that everything is so interesting, we get side tracked and burn up a lot of time doing things we didn't intend!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:23 AM   #6
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mobilrvn

Sue, will try to figure out how to post some pix.
That would be GREAT!! Can you make house calls?? (just kidding) I am looking forward to see the finished result.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mobilrvn, if you'll go to http://www.webshots.com you can sign up for some free webspace where you can store your pictures. You can then copy the url and paste it in your post to either show the picture in the body of your post or to create a link to click on to see the picture. Getting the url can be a little bit confusing so if you sign up with them and need some help just post back and one of us will help you. I learned about this recently from others in this forum and signed up for it. I also use PictureTrail but I pay for that one.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:06 AM   #8
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
That sounds like an awesome idea. If you email me the pictures I will post them on the net for you. squirts_mama@yahoo.com

Don, if you feed your cat super premium food (nutro natural choice, precise and others) you won't have the hairball problem. We've had Lily for 5 years now and never had her throw up hairballs. I swear by super premium food for my pets, I've turned a lot of my friend onto it also.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:23 AM   #9
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Melissa,
Is your cat a long hair??? I have 3 cats and 2 of em are long haired. And major hair balls come up. (sorry guys)
Old 11-20-2004, 06:59 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, here's a kitty for you and your daughter.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #11
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Steve, The pic isn't working
Old 11-21-2004, 04:49 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
None of the pictures I put on that site are working right now. That's the HostMyImages site. I emailed them about it but haven't heard back. When I try to put new clipart out there I get a 'Forbidden' message. I assume they're having a problem of some kind and not that they've locked me out for some reason. I pinged them and that server seems to be responding just fine.

Has anyone else gone today to www.hostmyimages.com and used the browse and 'host it' buttons to upload a picture? You don't have to sign up, just do it and they return a series of urls. The BBCsomethingorother is the one with the img tags all ready to post her. The one above it is the 'pure url' if you want that. If someone else gets the forbidden message then I'll know they're having a problem.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:52 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, here you go. I put it on my geocities site for now.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:41 AM   #14
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356

Sorry, couldn't resist!!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:45 AM   #15
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356

Here's one for you Steve.....Typical cat huh?
Old 11-22-2004, 03:41 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Have to have a puppy, too.