Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2004, 03:38 AM   #1
jsnip42
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #179
Thanks for thermastat tip

This weekend I replaced the old thermastat with a new digital one from walmart. It only took about 15 minutes and works great. And also looks far better. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

jsnip42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:47 AM   #2
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Hello JSNIP42,

Haven't tried this, but I (ass)(u)(me) that the Monty wiring is color coded like those in a regular stick house so that they match up with the instruction for a digital or a programmable thermostat.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gimmy2001, the colors are not the same. Also, the voltage is not the same so you need a thermostat that runs off batteries rather than house voltage. And on the thermostat we got there's no high/low fan switch so we wired only the high speed. Some have added a switch for fan speed. Somewhere on this forum is a link to the wiring connections referencing the wire colors. One is for the Hunter thermostats, the other for the Lux, if I recall. If you have trouble finding it post back and one of us will help you find it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:46 PM   #4
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I to just this saturady replaced the thermastat with the 20 dollar hunter one.Easy install and i`am color blind and figured it out.Even used the same holes that were their for the stock thermastat.Took a little more then 15 minutes,trying to find a small enough screw driver to undo the wires in the stock thermastat.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the good info. Nice info to know. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote