Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
Washing the Rig

We are trying to find someplace in the SF Bay Area or vicinity that will allow you to wash your rig. We are not able to do this at home and rig is in storage facility that does not allow either. So would like to find an RV park nearby where we can go camp for a day or two and do some general maintenance and cleaning. Any suggestions?

Jim n Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
I recently hired a fellow to clean my trailer as it hadn't been done for at least 6 months and 6000 miles. He used nothing but 303 Aerospace! I am very happy with the outcome which left the coach clean and shiny and I guess, protected to a certain extent. No water so no park management complaining.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Vicki, did you try around Morgan Hill & Gilroy? We drove thru some of those parks last Spring, but have no idea on whether they will let you wash rig there. Also a Camping World near San Marten(?).
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Jim & Vicki,
I have washed my rig at San Francisco RV park in Pacifica. Problem is that it's right on the ocean and the next day, your rig is normally covered with dew mixed with the salt air. I suppose if you wash and leave that day, you'd be ok. Spots on the ocean are very tight and expensive.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Just smiling here ... Kansas may be boring, flat, windy, and lacking in vegetation, but bye Ned we can drag out the garden hose any old time and wash whatever we own short of nuclear reactor rods. Today however would result in a gigantic ice sculpture.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and just an FYI to dieselguy...being able to wash the rig would not convince me to move to Kansas - just saying

Vicki (a native Californian)
Jim n Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #7
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
There is a storage facility near our daughters house in Hemet that has full service car wash and DIY facilities for cars and RV's. Have you checked other storage facilities. I am able to wash on site. All the water I want as long as I haul it in.lol

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #8
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Most big truck stops have a wash bay for big rigs and will do RV's. In my area there are several private car detailers that will come to your home and wash, vacuum and wax your vehicles on site. We have one of the detailers meet use in a parking lot and they wash the RV right there. They have their own water and equipment on their rigs. Last time I had our Big Sky 3580 washed it cost $65.00.

Frank

maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If I recall, Betabel RV Resort/Park near San Juan Bautista, not far from Gilroy on US 101, used to have a wash stall where you could wash your rig. I assume it's for those staying there but perhaps they'd let you just pay to use it, too.

It's been a few years, so check with them before going there. It's also a very nice park.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

Just smiling here ... Kansas may be boring, flat, windy, and lacking in vegetation, but bye Ned we can drag out the garden hose any old time and wash whatever we own short of nuclear reactor rods. Today however would result in a gigantic ice sculpture.
Dieselguy, I'm right next to you in Missouri. I hadn't heard. When did they stop allowing the washing of nuclear reactor rods? Jim
Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #11
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

If I recall, Betabel RV Resort/Park near San Juan Bautista, not far from Gilroy on US 101, used to have a wash stall where you could wash your rig. I assume it's for those staying there but perhaps they'd let you just pay to use it, too.

It's been a few years, so check with them before going there. It's also a very nice park.
We stayed at Betabel this past October through December. You can wash your rig right in your site but, they ask you to wash your truck at a designated area.

The landscape crew also washes rigs as a side job and charge around $60.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #12
RonD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8962
This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but we have the same issue. What we have been doing is have the Rig washed when were on a trip, we try to find a Blue Beacon Truck Wash, there about 100 of them in all states, they do a fine job, truck and Montana look great after they finish.
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ron, do they use high pressure? I'm concerned about the decals surviving many high pressure washes. Or do they do a low pressure brush wash? Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
RonD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8962
Steve, they do use pressure type guns, but there not real high pressure, sort of like what you would use at a quarter car wash, they keep the guns many feet away from the rig, I don't have any concerns about the decals, most of the cleaning is with long handle brushes, they have about 8 guys on the rig at once, interesting to watch, it takes about 15 minutes, you drip dry on the drive leaving , and that's fine they use spot free water, I do recommend the Rain-X application that they do for I think 15 bucks more, gives it a wax like finish, helps the bugs come off at the next wash.
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote