Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Dish Network and Local Channels when Traveling

We are currently traveling in Florida from Maryland. Set our Dish Net work up and running. No CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC. all the local channels. I called Dish twice and they tell me there is no way for me to get local channels while traveling unless we pay a tech $15.00 to come out and set them at each location we go. I thought with the zip code of where we are we should be able to set them. Does all this sound right? When we used it before it seemed our local channels followed us but I guess we where closer to home.

The only way I can figure to get the local channels is to use the RV antena and that would require the digital box because we still have older big TV in our 2005 unit.

Your input would greatly appreciated.

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Yep! Dish is not a favorable local channel distributor. Of course, all it would most likely be is that they put your zip code in one field to get the spot beam to you.

Look into MyDistantNetworks

You may want to ask the question of what happens to your local channels at the stick house if you get Distant Networks. I read somewhere that when they signed up the lost the local stations at the stick house and had to use the East/West coast feeds.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
not true. We have had local channels and distant networks for several years with Dish Network.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Local channels are on what they call a spot beam (limited geographical coverage). We only get the local channels over about a 300 mile radius.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bob and Sharon,
That's good news to hear. Like I said, it is what I heard. Best to hear it from someone who has it. I may look into it now.

Thanks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote