Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
corncob
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8226
Slide Operation Question/Problem?

After returning from a recent trip and when operating the slides, the two rear slideouts (have 3) started to operate (move) at the same time. Then one stopped when it had moved part way and the other continued on as it should. The remaining one that moved partially then continued on as it should. This was experienced when operating the slides in or out on the battery. First time I have seen it.
The dealer service department tells me that it is nothing to worry about as long as they work okay and the slides draw a good deal from the battery and they should not operate that way on 110 vac. I would not disagree but donot really accept their explanation.
Has anyone experienced this condition? Any thoughts on cause and remedy?
Unit is a 2008 3465SA.
Many thanks for input.

corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Ours do the same thing as you have described. My understanding is that the slide with the least resistance moves out first. So in saying this, my bedroom slide goes out first, then the dining room slide, then the slide with the refrigerator moves out last.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
I experience this on a regular basis. We also have three slides. The bedroom slide will go out fully before any movement on either of the other two. After both go out a bit one slide then continues until it is fully extended and then the second slide goes the rest of the way out. Usually on retraction the slides will come in one after the other but a few times have had two start in and then one complete its cycle and then the other.

Dean Nelson
DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My 340RLQ has four slides. From the get go, the slides had moved in sequence, not in unison. The explanation that the slide having the least resistance is correct. After the bedroom slide is seated then all three of the remaining slides start and then complete their seating operation one at a time until they are all seated properly. This is also true when they retract.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Normal operation. The slides in our rig may release at the same time when we put them out but the bedroom slide always extends first, then the entertainment slide and then the living room slide. Coming in, the slides may all make a slight move together in the beginning but they end up coming in bedroom slide, entertainment slide, then the living room slide. The theory I always use is that they move according to the amount of resistance (not ohms): least resistance first, most resistance last. I don't worry about it as long as they go in and out. Our living room slide, after more than eight years of use needs me to lean against it when we start to bring it in. I'm going to have it looked at next summer.

Orv

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote