Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Montana Bound

We'll be leaving southern MI and heading to Big Fork, MT. We'll be on the road for 2 weeks. This will be out first big trip with the camper. So far not a single issue. We'll be keeping an eye-out for fellow MOC'ers and will be flashing those lights.

wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Where will you be staying in Big Fork? That is such a beautiful drive through there. I live in the next town over. Kalispell. Let me know if you need anything. I would be glad to help you find your way around. Have a great trip. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bill and Stacy
Have a wonderful trip. We just returned and totally fell in love with Montana. We stayed at Polson and then went up to Glacier. We visited Yellowstone on the way home. Montana is wonderful and we saw a lot of Montys also.
Happy trails.................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Kathi; We'll be in Kalispell the first part of Aug. We looked at an old directory and found Glacier Pines RV Park on 35/2. Have you been there?
We'll be visiting relatives in Kila after a week in Bozeman the end of July for a Fed of Fly Fishers show.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
borfaloo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5608

Skip,

I stayed in Glacier Pines park for a couple of weeks in May.
The park is an older park and is fairly close to the main road
to Bigfork etc.. The owners were very friendly but the park has
it's limitations. The short term spaces were mostly 30amp and did
not have cable tv. The site did not have WiFi when we were there either.

Having said that they do have firerings and nice shady spots ( useful in the Montana summer) They have a pool (which was closed in May) and the site has really good access to everything from Kalispell to GNP(Glacier National Park)

If you want all the bells and whistles there was new campground out on the road between Columbia Falls ( call it C falls for a local touch) and Whitefish. I cannot recall the name of it but it was about a mile past the blue moon tavern going toward Whitefish.

Perhaps Kathi can recall the name.

Either way enjoy the area it truly is spectacular.

Sean
borfaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
we're back. We had a wonderful time in Montana with our Montana. We stayed at Woods Bay resort. My husbands high school buddy owns the place. We we're the biggest rig he's ever had and we barly fit, we had full hook ups and cable for only 25.00 a night. Boy was it hot going out and coming home the frig struggled to keep up while on the road, other than that the Montana held up very well for her first 4000 mile trip. Glacier was awsome and we hope to be able to return sometime in the future. Also my husband caught some good fish on Flat Head lake.
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill and Stacy, you might have the dealer take a look a look at your fridge. On the road it should be running on propane and that does even better than electricity at keeping things cold. Check behind the fridge for obstructions to air flow, for one.

In May we towed through Death Valley National Park at up to 112 degrees and the fridge did a very nice job. Yours should, too.

We agree with you about that part of Montana. We spent a month right about this time last year at Mountain Meadow CG at Hungry Horse. We loved the area.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote