Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
Montana_2194
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2194
Advice req'd: Pennsylvania and Virginia??

Hi Folks,

Penny and I are going on our first USA trip from Canada to Gettysburg and maybe Virginia Beach, but stopping here and there for other historical sites for a couple of weeks. Our first night would likely be in southern NY state for a day or two (Harpursville), then Gettysburg (thinking of Drummer Boy park).

Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Jack and Penny

Montana_2194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Congrats on your first trip. We stayed at Drumner boy campground last October for a couple weeks. Would stay there again but would ask for two changesw, one, I'd ask them to put us further away from the 4 lane...I think it was Hwy 15 but the road noise bothered us and secondly, their wifi was not the best so ask to be close to the transmitter. Otherwise, I thought it was a real nice place to stay.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
You might want to try American Heritage Campgrounds in Williamsburg just north of Virginia beach off I-64. They give discounts to many of the camping plans. ALSO, Oak Grove VA off Rt-3 is am Outdoor World membership campground but takes travelers off the road for overnite camping at $20.00 a nite for full hookups. Its callled harbor View Campground and is located in oak Grove.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jack, we stayed at Round Top CG at Gettysburg. As for what to see and do, the battlefield is awesome. Also, very close is the Eisenhower farm. A great tour. It starts from the Gettysburg battlefield visitor center and they bus you to the farm. It's just two or three miles away. The Hershey Chocolate plant in Hershey, PA, is not far from there. You're also not that far from Harpers Ferry, WV. Even if you just drive around and walk around, HF is beautiful. Antietam and other battlefields are not that far, either. Bull Run / Manassas down by D.C. Mt. Vernon very close to D.C. This area is so full of history and things to see you could spend months there and not see it all. We have granddaughters in the area and have been seeing new things there for the past 15 years or so.

Enjoy the trip.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote