Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Moen Faucets

The past couple of days I have been replacing sink faucets. Both were Moen products.

The original bathroom faucet is no longer made by Moen, but Lowes had one left in stock that had been returned. Got a 50% discount on it because it had been opened. I inventoried all the parts and found they were all there and then found the guy who returned had broken one of the parts (easy and inexpensive part common to all faucets). The more I looked at the original faucet, I realized the only thing that needed replacement was the base. Hot damn, this job was going to be a piece of cake.

Got under the sink and found there was no clearance for any of my tools to turn. Had to go to 2 hardware stores to find a basin wrench that would fit the locking hex nut. Ended up at Lowes and actually found someone to help me. Told him what I was trying to replace. He told me to call Moens Customer Support number and that they would probably replace the part for free. Bought the basin wrench, because I'm gonna need it and left. Doris called Moen, gave them the part number, and was told to expect the part by March 26th. Because we are original owners there was no charge.

That call saved us $75.00 Something you all might want to keep in mind if you should ever have to replace or repair a Moen product.

And just like the use to say in the old Mission Impossible TV series, The Secretary (that's me) disavows any connection to Moen or Lowes.

Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote