Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Picture hanging

We don't even have our Montana yet (2 more days) but I was wondering if any one has had any ideas on how to hang some pictures with out damaging the wood. I am only thinking about a couple of family pictures that would have to come down each time we moved but would enjoy seeing them up.

Thanks in advance

Dick Driver

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I've done two things:

1st. have used very small screws or brads for area that I knew that something would stay.

2nd. have used the small stick on hooks from WalMart...the type you can easily remove by pulling down on the base 3M maybee?
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Depending on your model, you may not have a lot of room to hang pictures. The 3400 doesn't. I have a few of my little Gormans in plastic frames up with velcro. We had them in our other unit and traveled with them up. They are on the wall beside the bathroom door.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome rldriver to the MOC Family.

We used the double face mounting tape by Scotch. Pictures have been hanging for over a year and none have fallen down. If need be, removing them is a chore but it can be done without damaging the woodwork.

BTW- to get your temp thingy

displaying proberly do the following...

[*img]http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both
[b]/language/www/US/wa/ephrata.gif[*/img]

Copy and paste the above into your signature block in your profile. Be sure to remove the * after pasting
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Montana_828
Established Member

M.O.C. #828
I've heard using a hair dryer on the tape/velcro will work to remove the "goo" from the wall.
Montana_828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:47 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Our grandchildren look real good in magnetic picture holders attached to the hood over the stove. Pictures aren't big but they look good at any size.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:19 AM   #7
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just one alert: a friendly RV park operator gave us a nice little calendar (Victoria, Texas). It had a 'sticky back' and looked just right on our kitchen cabinet (2955 RL), until the new year. That's right, the beautiful wood grain peeled off with the calendar, a small spot but ugly. Now we have a little ceramic "New Mexico Sun" mounted over the spot. Be careful with 'sticky'!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:51 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have some pictures taped to the freezer door, some on the dresser, some on a shelf we put behind the couch, and some grandkids' drawings on this hangup thingy (Vicki, help!) on the velcro'd to the side of the microwave case. Originally we taped them up there but the tape took off some of the fake wood finish. We have some drawings taped on the wall next to the computer desk but that's not a wood or wood-look surface.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
Mike and Wendy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1148
I used small screws (#6), and I put felt pads on the back side of the picture frames to keep them from marking up the wall.
Mike and Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have been just setting framed pictures on the ledge at the top of the slide out. Not all slides have the wooden facing across the top, but our 05 does, and it makes a handy place to but pictures and nick-nacks while you are parked. We pack them away for travelling.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM   #11
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We moved our Magazine Rack from over the Bedroom Dresser into the Bathroom. In it's place I put a somewhat heavy print that is framed and has glass. To hang it I used Industrial Strength Velcro. It hasn't budged at all and with the tips here on removal, I'm pleased with the method we used since I don't have to worry about it.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We have a 3400RL and I am thinking of mounting cork board on the kitchen pantry cupboard doors. Then putting pictures of the grandsons in a plastic folder that can be pushpinned to the cork board. It would be lighter in weight and easy to change the pictures. We also have a stained glass Logan clan picture (large one) to be hung in the back window. We are thinking of hanging a heavy duty chain with some clips (that would attach to the frame). Then we can just unclip the stain glass for travel and not have to undo the chain. then just clip on when parked. Has anyone else tried something like this?
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:41 AM   #13
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We use velcro. Works great. All of our family pictures are placed above our living room slideout. Only problem: When we are parked where the sun beats on that side, once in awhile a picture will come down. No problem, we just replace it. We have all the pictures in frames with plexiglas instead of glass! We've also had the occasion when we removed a picture and the velcro. The velcro came loose with a hair dryer and left no residue!
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:47 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have a display "board" mounted with industrial strength velcro at the four corners. But it kept coming down, like ols1932 mentioned. I think we've solved that problem but need more time (than a week) to know for sure. Vicki suggested I put a staple through the velcro. I used a standard office stapler and put a single staple through each piece of velcro, on both the display board and the cabinet wall. I figure the very small holes those staples make would never be noticed should we decide to remove this board. So far it is working.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:59 AM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I put my computer speakers up with velcro (on the valance above the desk) but the velcro didn't stick on the cloth so I did the same thing. Put a staple through the velcro and they have been up 5 months now. We won't travel with them up but the velcro will stay.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:27 AM   #16
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Rldriver: We use removeable mounting putty on some things. They will hold pictures, etc. up to 1 lb.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:19 AM   #17
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Thanks every one for taking your time to respond to my thread. I am not sure what we will do but looks like the 3M or velcro will work just fine. No duct tape or nails for me.

Thanks again,
rldriver (Dick of Dick and Jackie)
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote