Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
Montana_1237
Established Member

M.O.C. #1237
keystone sold

Hi everyone, my wife and I were out this weekend looking at 5thwheels and stop in a dealership that sells a popular brand. We told him we were just looking as we have decided on just 3 brands that we are interrested in. The one he showed us is one that we have been looking for a while now, but we did tell him that we are pretty much decided on the Montana. He comes back with " Did you know that Keystone has been sold to Thor" I said no I didn't. Then he said that they will only cover warranty work up to the time when Thor takes full control of the corp. My question is, Does anyone know about this or if its true? I know their is alot of sales people out there that will tell you anything to get your business. I told him that I don't like dealing with people that bring down another business to try and get yours. Does anyone know if what he told me is true? Thanks in advance Tom n Phyllis

Montana_1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:33 AM   #2
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Far as I know this is old news. The sale took place years ago. perhaps someone can enlighten us.

If it was me, once we figure out when the sale actually took place, I'd go back to the dealer and tell him "you lied about the sale of Keystone, so now I can't trust you... my RV dollars will be spent elsewhere".
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:40 AM   #3
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
I see this is a double post... but I would go back and tell the guy... I can't stand letting a crook who tries to play on the insecurity of his customer get away with it.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote