Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2006, 06:52 AM   #21
jimcar827
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4829
Welcome back gary, and God bless.
Jim and Carla

jimcar827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:45 AM   #22
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Wonderful news!!! Looking forward to your post that you're actually back in the U.S. I join the others in thanking you for your service.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Garin1, I think you know we all are pulling for you to stay safe those last four days and on the journey home. Congratulations on making it through. And thanks for all you have done for this country. And to your son, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #24
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Garin1

Glad to hear you are coming home. The young Canadian soldier kiled in a Firefight in Afghanastan this past week was my nineteen year old daughter's first boyfriend a few years ago. First Canadian soldier to be killed in a firefight in 32 years.
You can't say enough about the so few that do so much for the so many. Thanks

J & D
in Canada
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #25
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Welcome home from someone who also had a son over there a couple of years ago. We are so proud of our soldiers for all they do. Have a safe trip home and God bless you.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Gary, we are all praying for a safe trip home for you. Are you going through Ramstein? My son said it was one of the longest flights home, ever. It will be a rush as you cross that Iraqi border. Let us know as much as you can, what going on.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #27
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Gary, be safe these last few days and we welcome you back to the good ole US of A. Thank you for all you and your son have done for us over there. We are very proud of you.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:24 PM   #28
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Oh My God, the emotion, the support.

I am embarrassed and ashamed. Reading these posts I feel there is a misunderstanding that I take full responsibility for. It seems that some of you may think I am active military. Please forgive me if I have said or done anything to mislead you wonderful people. Yes, I have been in Iraq since July 2004 but not as a soldier. Although I am a veteran of Vietnam my duties here as a civilian are SUPPORT. My group travels with the military building forward bases and creating as many creature comforts as possible for our brave young men and women over here. This is one of the first places where I air conditioned a tent. You can not imagine the appreciation from these soldiers when they come in from a patrol in full battle gear,weapons,armor and are able to relax in a cool environment with a hot meal, a cold soda and a real bed. It is so rewarding to be a part of this. I keep saying "I". It should be "WE".I am just a small part of a much larger group of civilians who have come together from all over the nation in support of our troops.
My son on the other hand is active military. He is a NCO with the Marine Corp.Semper Fi. He has been rotated back to the states for more training. He got out of here before me but we will see each other again God willing. He is now in Florida and will start training in EOD (don't ask).
So, now you know the hole ugly truth about me. I can only pray you all will forgive me for any misunderstanding on my part. I seek only the approval of my God and the love of family and should I get called to serve again i would not pause a whit. Our soldiers need all the support they can get from us.

Again, I beg your forgiveness and humble myself before you all.

Greatest respect

Gary S Ferritti
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:32 PM   #29
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Gary,

You may not be on the front lines, but you still were (are) in a very dangerous place trying to make the world a better place for everyone.

still , safe return
J & D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:55 AM   #30
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Big Welcome, stay safe....
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:31 AM   #31
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
You had already explained that once, Gary. Some may have missed it, but it doesn't matter, really. We wouldn't be any less proud of anyone who goes into a dangerous spot in the world to do something very few individuals on this planet would be willing to do. Your bravery and heart for adventure are something we all wish we could copy. CONGRATS on being an exemplary model of what we all should be. Too many people in a rut on this planet. MOCers are an outstanding band of adventurers anyway, that defy the norm in this country.

My sister (I love her dearly) freaked out when I told her our plans to travel in a fifth wheel. "OMG! What's your Plan B if this doesn't work out??? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, just worrying about what could go wrong!" I don't think that's the spirit and the Spirit (yes, that's capitalized - some will understand) that this country was founded on...

You're an American that we all can be proud of, Gary - and we are.

Hope the money was good, you and your family deserve the rewards.

*On Edit~ I also would like to note Stile's wife, Diana also for her true American spirit, and her commitment and williness to take a risk to go an do where and what few would even think of going and doing.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #32
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Mr. Ferritti,

You have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed. As a young military man you’ve put your life on the line in past conflicts and have chosen to do so again as a civilian building support facilities for the troops engaged in the current conflict. Both our son (EOD) and daughter in law are among those brave young men and women that have benefited from your efforts. I cannot thank you enough.

Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #33
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Every reply so far definitely applies to you, Garin. The troops would have a much rougher time without you and others who put themselves in harms way to support.
As ex-military, I can say I always appreciated the civilians who cared enough to join in.
Way to go, and an early welcome home, "soldier."
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #34
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
You don't have anything to be ashamed of. How many Americans do you know of that would go back over there and risk their family & their lifestyle to support our troops. Where would our troops be without people like you to make their lives a little better by your presence? You go Garin1, and don't ever be ashamed of what you have done. I commend you soldier. Now get back home safely and go on with your life...Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #35
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Welcome Home Brother. God Bless the Brotherhood.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #36
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Gary,

From one OIF veteran to another, WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent my 14 months at the infamous Abu Ghraib prison. The unit I was attached to was sent in to clean up the mess made by our predecessors. I have to tell you, if it weren't for the civilian personnel who were in all of the support positions, my time there would have been more miserable than it was. At least I had a weapon. The civilians can't be armed, so you have my utmost respect. I don't know about you, but we had to stay in Kuwait for two weeks for "decompression" before we could come home. And Dave, your son is correct, that flight is the longest one I have ever taken, but when the pilot comes over the intercom and says, "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the captain and my crew and myself would like to be the first to welcome you home" it the greatest feeling in the world.

Welcome home Gary, and I hope we meet down the road and swap stories about our adventures.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #37
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Gary,

From one OIF veteran to another, WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent my 14 months at the infamous Abu Ghraib prison. The unit I was attached to was sent in to clean up the mess made by our predecessors. I have to tell you, if it weren't for the civilian personnel who were in all of the support positions, my time there would have been more miserable than it was. At least I had a weapon. The civilians can't be armed, so you have my utmost respect. I don't know about you, but we had to stay in Kuwait for two weeks for "decompression" before we could come home. And Dave, your son is correct, that flight is the longest one I have ever taken, but when the pilot comes over the intercom and says, "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the captain and my crew and myself would like to be the first to welcome you home" it the greatest feeling in the world.

Welcome home Gary, and I hope we meet down the road and swap stories about our adventures.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #38
houseof many dogs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #854
Thank you and all the other protectors of our freedoms, I wish you all smooth seas and following winds forever!
houseof many dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #39
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Gary, welcome home and thank you for supporting the men and women in the field and thank you for your service in Vietnam. You deserve many, many hugs.
Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #40
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Gary, military or not, you are a needed part of the war over there. It is men like you that have helped the military personal that are there. Thank you for what you have done for them. My son says that the support people are invaluable to the war effort. Again welcome home and safe traveles.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote