Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #21
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Iwas thinking about this axle thing. As long as I won the lottery, why not make a statement and get one of those rigs i see in Michigan with the ten axles. That'd be the coolest rig in the campground. Remember now, I'm flying so no need to learn how to drive it.

Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:07 PM   #22
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Why change anything? well maybe the truck. I would pay all my bills, and if it was the Realy Big Jackpot I would give every family member a equal dollar amount and tell them to invest it wisely cause thats all they get, and come by and visit once in a while. of course we will be on the road, and will be hard to find, HA HA.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Wow, what a great therapy session this is. Come on... admit it. Some of you really felt your heart beat pick up when you started thinking, "Maybe... Just maybe...". A little adrenaline pumping, too???

This is why the "Dream" is so important to human nature. It keeps us going through the "stuff". We all know that we are supposed to have a Dream/Goal list with dates on it, but few of us do it. Maybe it's time to get fired up about life again. Maybe not the PowerBall lottery, but something... What's your favorite thing to do? What if time and money were no object??? Kinda like what we've been talking about here. If you aim at the stars, you will still land in the sky, above most others who didn't try. Even if you miss - you will be a lot further ahead. Reset and go again... and again. Your goals in concrete, your time frame in sand (but HAVE one) - just don't be afraid to reset and stay focused.

I know there are some people that disagree with me on this, and think we should be "realistic". I could be wrong, but I think it was Benjamin Franklin(?) (someone help me on this) who said a "realistic" man never accomplished anything in this world. People are scared to death of being disappointed by missing a goal, so they pull the "avoidance" thing and never try. You know what a "rut" is? It's a grave with both ends knocked out. Ben Franklin DID say, "Most men die at 25, they just wait until they are 75 to be buried."

Keep your dream alive. Lay down a solid plan for it (the Lottery is NOT it). Your dream does NOT have to be your wife's dream, and vice versa, but you can, and should, have a shared vision. And your friend does not have the same vision/dream you do. However, too many have had someone else, many times well meaning (family is sometimes the worst because they are the most concerned about you being hurt or disappointed), knock the wind right out of us by stealing our Dream. "You're an idiot. You'll never be able to do that! You know how many people FAIL at that???", etc, etc, etc... Don't let someone who will not be there to feed your family, or pay your bills if a catastrophy strikes, ever, ever, EVER make you second guess you and your family's path, as long as it is a legal, moral and ethical.

Off my soapbox now... need to get that one Glenn has... I love that!

BTW, just because we are retired and FTing, does NOT mean we've reach the "Pinnacle". We ALWAYS need something out in front of us, driving our life force... doesn't have to be huge... just meaningful to YOU. "You are either 'Green and Growing' or 'Ripe and Rotting'". It's strictly choice thing. Circumstances don't count if your dream is big enough. Very true!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:29 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would not get any kind of a RV. I would buy a private jet and travel the world, Stay at the best hotels in the best places and have the best of everything as long as we could.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #25
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Keep the Monty. Buy a new F350 King Ranch equipped for towing. Set trusts up for the kid's retirement. Invest the rest and let it work while we traveled through the United States, seeing everything we wanted to see. Oh yes, and hire a caretaker for the stick house while we traveled.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:53 AM   #26
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I feel we are getting the best of everything by traveling in our Montana.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #27
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
This is easy, I would keep my Monty, buy a custom F650 or C6500 (designed in my head) resign from my job.

As for my custom TV, I want a crew cab truck, with a stretched bed. Long enough so that I can put a small car, Honda Hybrid and at least 1 Harley between the cab and the hitch.
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #28
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
I would buy 2 new homes 1 North and 1 in the south and a class A to travel in
and never have to fly again
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #29
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kdeiss

I would buy 2 new homes 1 North and 1 in the south and a class A to travel in
and never have to fly again
Kdeiss does this mean you will no longer have your Monty and trad it in for one of those DP

TT2
Old 12-03-2005, 02:40 AM   #30
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
If you won the lottery big you could travel like the bottom pic in my profile.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:34 AM   #31
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Chauffeur and cook! Now that's what I'm talking about! Of course the chauffeur would also be an excellent mechanic and I assume "cook" means "cook AND clean". Apparently this was also before they rolled too many of these over, as I believe that "observation tower" is for viewing while you are moving.

I don't know how well the driver/cook thing would work for us though, really. Cheryl is an excellent cook and homemaker and might be put off by someone else doing this. I like driving and I try to fix everything myself (just installed and wired a garbage disposal with two non-functional shoulders... one just out of surgery - yes, I paid for that for the next two days), but I was able to figure out how to leverage everything (very painful, though - just determined. Cheryl calls it "pig-headed" and stupid). I know she meant that in a "loving" way. I guess I just have to do everything myself.

I would love to see picts of the inside of that rig. I take it the tv is the "landing gear"?

OK, now if we could only find a dump station... where's that Good Sam/Trailer Life map???
Old 12-03-2005, 04:20 AM   #32
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
We'd make a down payment on a new Monty and pay what I could on my bills!
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:08 AM   #33
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by thook

We'd make a down payment on a new Monty and pay what I could on my bills!
Tom, you're winning the lottery... say $100 million, after taxes... How many bills do you have??? Never mind, don't want to know. I know... you're just trying to be an inspiration to those of us who think nobody could possibly be worse off than us, right? Well... you're keeping me from feeling self-righteous.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #34
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Assuming it was a really large amount. I would buy the nicest plushest diesel tow vehicle with all the bells and whistles, a maxed out 5th wheel and then travel for the next year or two finding several ideal scenic pieces of property. On all of them I would have the best location set up with full hookups pull thru access and go from one to another for extended periods of time. Knowing at each location I would have the view and space to enjoy it. On two of them I would build a custom log home with ample room for my other hobbies one bieng astronomy with a small observatory. I think I could all that pretty easily on 2.5 million. All the rest would be for the diesel fuel.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #35
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I had a two motorhomes (not at the same time) before this.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote