Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Speaking of Florida.....

Let's say some prayers for the folks in the Florida Panhandle. They are still recovering from hurricane Ivan of just 10 months ago and now Dennis.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
My heart goes out to the people that live in Florida 24/7/Its a beautiful state with awesome weather most of the times.But the hurricanes are scary and dangerous.Lets hope and pray they don`t get hit to hard.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:54 AM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
My thoughts exactly. My uncle lives in Pensacola and the campground hosts I met at Unicoi this spring live in Milton and both talked about how Ivan had pounded the area and the length of time it took for recovery efforts to begin. Thankfully, according to what I see on the news, it looks like Dennis was nowhere near as damaging as Ivan.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:59 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
JD-
Are you getting lots of rain from Dennis? Weather Channel this morning reported 9" somewhere around Atlanta.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Charlie, Since landfall, it rained about two inches yesterday evening, but none today. I believe Atlanta has been hammered pretty well with rain, but we are about 50 miles east of there and must have just missed any heavy amounts of rain, just the outside fringes of the squall lines. We feel blessed.

We were supposed to go to Old Federal campground on Lake Lanier yesterday, but neither Marsha nor I felt good about it then. She also did not want to go today as the Weather Channel scared her this morning, so we will be leaving in the morning. Weather Channel always seems to overstate situations, but I suppose that is better than the reverse.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Someday I will not have to live in FL during the summer months!

Now we have three more trying to get organized off the coast of Africa. The first, is to be named Emily and they are talking a possible problem by this weekend. Miss Montana is supposed to be back Sat. It's another round of wait and see.

Dennis the Menace was not as destructive as Ivan the Terrible, but he sure did his share of damage. It's getting on my nerves!
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #7
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
fla native,
Hey I hear ya man. As soon as my youngest son (1 year left) graduates HS we are head somewhere out of Florida. Are you down in Melbourne? I saw a Montana this morning parked in a Harris or Gruman parking lot on the way into work down in Melbourne. I think it was being towed by a red daully but couldn't tell the type of truck, I went by to fast. I tell everyone that asks how we faired the storms that you have the people that are shell shocked, well we are storm shocked. I hear word of a storm coming and I am headed to the shed for the plywood without even knowing I am doing it let alone if the storm is coming our way or not.

We too have had just about our fill.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote