Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2005, 01:05 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Here We Go

We take the truck in today for hitch installation brake controller and bed wiring for the new Monty. It has been a real adventure negotiating with the dealer regarding the entire package. The wife and I are happy with the deal we have. It's a little more than we wanted to spend but why not get the trailer you want with what you want on it!

I hope you folks on the MOC realize just what a valuable resource you have here. I learned so much which enabled me to hold my own and ask the right questions to get this far. Nancy and I were talking about this last night during our evening walk. We have spend more time researching, learning, looking, calculating and comparing than we ever did for our home.

We go back for the PDI 1300 Friday, I still can't belive after all these years its almost here.

Be back Friday evening.

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:18 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Hang it there. It will all pay off.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
As far as negotating goes, we didn't put this much time into our house either. But then we bought it back in 1974 for $24,000. Now the neighbor is asking $345,000 for a lesser model. We have added on a great room, 10' to the bedroom, spa, upgrades galore. The neighbor has been renting his for the past 20 years and the last renters trashed the place. They had 3 kids and it was like a free for all there for 6 years. With them moving out and not even letting the Landlord know they were going. Never Rent that is what I learned. We sold our other house at just the right time. So we bought the Monty. Using it for our vacation/2nd home. Taxes you know. You will love yours. I just can't say enough about the Montana. My whole family just can't believe the inside. They told me to sell our stick house and just live in the Montana. Well we probably would if I hadn't collected over 31 years of junk. Happy Camping to both of you. And good luck. You will find so much info on this forum. I am always checking the General, Problems & Techinal solutions, and of course Around the campfire. I just love that area. Stiles Watson is always posting his jokes and whatnots........Kathi
Montana_2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:39 AM   #4
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Bob and Nancy -

Best of luck with your new Montana. I couldn't agree more with how much value the MOC forum is for problems, support, laughs, and just enjoyment. Hope you have many happy years in your Monty.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:53 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Every step adds its moment to the great adventure as it unfolds. The key is that you are "satisfied with your deal." I am excited for you and your coming new challenges and joys.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:07 AM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
It's kind of like when you were a kid waiting for Christmas morning, isn't it? I know you are going to love the Monty. Keep us posted on your new adventure.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
You are right in the middle of a VERY exciting time. I hope this part of the beginning of your Montana adventure continues to go well. Be sure to let us know how everything goes Friday if you can pull yourselves away from that Monty!

And, yes, MOC is truly an invaluable resource!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Bob and Nancy, We are sure you will really enjoy the Monty! It is a very exciting time picking it up and driving it home, which I am sure you will love the way the Monty handles...ours felt like it wasn't even behind us! Good Luck and we will wait to hear from you on Friday evening.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Good luck Bob & Nancy, were happy for you.

Bill & Rita
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:48 PM   #10
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
You are gonna love the spruce interior!!!!!!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Fantastic! I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's our own memories of a similar time, that makes us feel the excitement coming through loud and clear. Enjoy it to the most!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote