Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
New RV Insurance Provider???

Hi everyone!

Has anyone ever been insured by Explorer RV Insurance or have any information on them? I received a very good quote from them. Almost too good to be true. They seem to have everything we RV-ers are supposed to have.

Here's a link to their site...

Explorer RV Insurance

When we were looking for insurance before I don't recall their name when I did a search on the Internet.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:35 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Never heard of them..but..usually..if it sounds to go to be true..it is... FYI although most RV insurance is part of your Auto Insurance ours is covered under our home owners Insurance(if you have a home that is not your camper) www.frankenmuth.com and I think is a bit less expensive.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:06 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
i did a quick google search on them. they came up in insurance listings on several rv sites, including rvusa where they are a member. you might call your state insurance commissioner's office and ask how they stack up with others as far as complaints, etc. They should be able to provide that info, at least for MI.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Dick and Patty, we will be waiting to see what you find out as we are looking for a good full timers insurance.

Steve, Congradulations on passing your 8000th post.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Also check MI BBB
Old 04-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
We insured our Mountaineer with the same people that insure our vehicles, Geico.
I chose them after research into consumer satisfaction. Go to this website and you should find all the information to help with a decision. http://www.ambest.com/
Geico is about $125.00 cheaper than ALLSTATE, and the Allstate agent is my wifes Uncle. He was trying hard to get the policy just couldnt get close enough.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:24 AM   #7
hodag
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #150
we have monty insured through explorer. never had to use them so can not talk about the claim service. used good sam prior to explorer.
hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #8
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
After selling insurance for thirty-three years, I can tell you that Explorer Insurance is a legimate Insurance company. Are they the cheapest or the best? It depends on your zip code, all insurance companies go by their losses in each particular zip code. I am in California and that particular company (Explorer) is not real competitive here,and that is by their choice, they don't want to write insurance here. Usually you will find that your regional companies will give you good rates and a local broker to answer your questions and give you good advice,and most important if you have a claim you have someone to work for you to see that your satisfied.
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I got a quote from Explorer RV and it was kinda high w./no total replacement and $500.00 deductibles for $305.00 a year. The personal effects were only covered for $1000.00 ..so it was not much coverage. I believe they are totally legimate.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #10
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
We got a quote from Explorer just a few days ago and they were a bit higher than what we have now. We are currently with Farm and City out of Forest City Ia. We have a full replacement policy with a declining deductable. They are an agent for Progressive who is the actual carrier. While we have had no claims, we have not heard anything bad about them. We have State Farm on the vehicles and the house and their premium for the 5ver was a bit high with limited coverage.
Just as an FYI- Farm and City 's web site is www.rvadvantage.com
I agree with Bill DeMuelle about the zip code thing. Florida is a very stranage place to buy any insurance given our past hurricane experience. That may be the reason Explorer RV was notably higher.Thanks for the info

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:32 AM   #11
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
RC and Samantha, I have Explorer Ins. on my unit. I used them one time for some tree damage and had no problem get the unit repaired. I can't say if my ins. will go up, have to wait and see.
All in all no problem with Explorer.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:09 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you have homeowners insurance see if they will also cover your RV That is how we do it and the coverage on your Rv would be the same as the home. our Insurance company is www.frankenmuth.com we hand seperate coverage on the RV before and the cost was higher.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:39 AM   #13
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RC and Samantha

Hi everyone!

Has anyone ever been insured by Explorer RV Insurance or have any information on them? I received a very good quote from them. Almost too good to be true. They seem to have everything we RV-ers are supposed to have.

Here's a link to their site...

Explorer RV Insurance

When we were looking for insurance before I don't recall their name when I did a search on the Internet.

Patty
We've been with RV Explorer for a year now. They were recommended to us by another full-time RVer who happened to be a retires State Farm Insurance Agent. He, himself went with RV Explorer, so I thought that if it was good enough for him it was good enought for me.

Their rates for Texas beat everyone else. Texas rates are fairly high for vehicles, so I thought I'd take a chance with RV Explorer. Hope to never have to use them. I like their diminishing deductible. If you don't have a claim for 4 years, your deductible is $0.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote