Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Checklist

Hello everyone,

I just found another site that gives a check list for campers towing 5ers or pull behinds. They really get down to the nitty gritty. I hope it helps someone. The site is www.geocities.com/blueskywhiteclouds/
Also thanks for your list DW I think it will help a lot, especially the back page where it list the camp grounds you visited. There was a camp ground we stayed at in Montana last June, it was great, and the people that owned the camp ground treated you like they knew you all their life. I wanted to pass it on to the Monty owners, but for the life of me I can't find any information on the place. Could be that senior citizen stuff I suppose.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill & Rita

Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:11 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If you can't find your RV Check List on that page you don't need it. I do believe they covered everything RVing from A to Z
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the great post. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:24 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill & Rita, would you mind sharing the name and location of that campground in Montana?
Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:44 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I will presume to post my checklist/log again. It is designed for front and back of a letter size sheet of paper. I use it for "take off" not for "landing". I use the log as reference for campgrounds and for mileage on my RV. Once a sheet is filled, I keep it in my file and start a new one. I have used it now for 3 fifth wheels and 2 pickups. It is easily modified with EXCEL. Click below and save/open in Excel.

www.dwilliamson.com/RVchecklist.xls

I should add that Checklist is on sheet 1, and Log on Sheet two of Excel Worksheet

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:24 AM   #6
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Happy Thanksgiving Sreigle,

As I stated in my initial post for the life of me I can't remember the name of that campground, but I think it was around Billings. (On the south edge) All I can tell you is the sites could handle any size rig, with plenty of room for three or four slides with full hookups. He also kept the trees trimed so you didn't have to worry about tearing off your AC unit or anything else. The owners were extra special, they treated everyone like they knew them all their life.
Padre sent a Check list to me the other day and it had a place on the back page to enter the names of the campgrounds you stay at. I thought that was really neat, if I would have had that before we went on that 5000 mile month long trip I could have listed all the campgrounds we stayed at. That way I could have shared this info with other members what I thought of these campgrounds, good or bad. Believe me there were some that were bad.
You can bet your life I will use it on future trips.
I see Padre has listed his check list here, so try to open it, he saved it to excel. You wil see what I mean.
Thanks again Padre.

Bill & Rita
Old 11-25-2004, 05:27 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I have a 3 ring binder that I keep brouchures from all the campgrounds we stay at. Helps if you want to go back or recommend to someone else. I make notes if it is good or bad.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:54 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill & Rita,

Oops, talk about a senior moment!
I guess I just read the post too quickly. Thanks for the reply.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:10 PM   #9
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
When we started full-timing, I started a "Where Are We?" list ... simply because neither one of us can remember the names or places where we've been! It is in the Excel format and I keep it on my computer for easy access. I list the date, the name of the cg and the location, as well as comments on the park including amenities and Internet access and if a discount (Passport America, Good Sam, etc.) is available. I also make note of any movies we might have seen or local "color" restaurants we tried. It's kind of fun just to go back and read it and I've actually won a bet with the information I noted.

I'd be happy to share it with anyone who might be interested, although I'll have to get Steve to show me how to do that.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 02:18 PM   #10
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
I would like to see that list Vicki,
Thanks,
Bill & Rita
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickir

When we started full-timing, I started a "Where Are We?" list ... simply because neither one of us can remember the names or places where we've been! It is in the Excel format and I keep it on my computer for easy access. I list the date, the name of the cg and the location, as well as comments on the park including amenities and Internet access and if a discount (Passport America, Good Sam, etc.) is available. I also make note of any movies we might have seen or local "color" restaurants we tried. It's kind of fun just to go back and read it and I've actually won a bet with the information I noted.

I'd be happy to share it with anyone who might be interested, although I'll have to get Steve to show me how to do that.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #11
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Bill and Rita ... Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send a copy of my log.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote