Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Glad to hear you are okay. We know how scary this can be, happened once to us with a brand new $40,000+ car. Do you think someone might have been trying to do something to your rig and removed some of the lug nuts? Not at the Rally of course but before that.

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:33 AM   #22
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
As far as someone messing with the wheels I've been asked a couple of times and the only time that could have happened was when the truck was sitting at home in the driveway, the puzzling part to that is would they have stayed on the truck for 400 miles, not sure but something to thing about. Now all I can do is get everything back together and check them lugnuts before every trip. Thanks everyone for your concerns
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #23
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. It sounds to me like someone may have over-tightened your wheels, hence the broken studs. For anyone that has a dually and change tires and/or wheel positions occasionally, a torque wrench is a good investment. Make sure the wheels are off the ground when you torque them, then check them after a hundred miles. It also sounds like you'll need new wheels too. The holes on the ones that came off are probably wallowed out.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:37 AM   #24
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Bob the wheels were torqued a week before the rally and I carry a torque wrench in the trailer so I can check the wheels on the trailer, the wheels that came off have not been off the truck sence I have owned it, Six of the lugnuts were gone with the studs still in place and two of the studs were broken off.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:52 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wow. Sure glad nobody was hurt and the damage was relatively minor! Roman and Pam, we really enjoyed meeting you and are thankful you are ok.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:31 AM   #26
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Steve sorry we had to pull out on Sunday, I did not get a chance to get over and look at your slideout or leave that part for you to try, If Keystone can't fix the problem let me know, I can ship the part to you or make arrandements to meet you if you are going to be in the area of Toledo, Ohio before you head for warmer wheather. Roman
Old 10-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Roman, thanks for the offer. Keystone is going to send me some seals I'll then put on in that location along the slide we talked about. If we still get water after that I'll get back in touch with you. Thanks again, you did help a lot when we talked about this.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote