Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #41
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Glenn,
I am sure the 3475RL will provide you with everything you could want. As I spend more time sitting in the same spot with a few trips a year, having the larger counter was a better feature for me. I can tell you after being on the road for 5 days now, I have to plan what I want/need out of the pantry before I close up the slides. It is pretty hard to get to it while the kitchen slide is closed. With that said, I can still use the end of my counter top to make a sandwich or anything else for lunch. I do not mind not having access to the living/dining slide, I just use the rest area tables to make my lunch table for the day. I can see why you would prefer to have the 3475RL over the 3400RL, especially since you spend more time on the road than I.

2004 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:58 AM   #42
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Glenn and Lorraine:

I encourage you to join us at the rally in comparing the 3400 and 3475. Jo-Anna and I had the opportunity to do so recently when our dealer got a 3475 in stock. We spent an afternoon going back and forth between the two side-by-side RVs--a very good learning experience. However, we're anxious to see how they look when they are actually being lived in--it's one thing to try to imagine, while sitting in an empty unit in the dealership, how one might use some of the storage space in the kitchen and pantry, and another thing altogether to see how people are actually using that space. Maybe we can compare notes while at the rally.

David and Jo-Anna Kikel
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #43
Roman4
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3018
Glenn--You (as well as anyone else who is interested) are certainly welcome to take a look at our 3475 while at the rally. However, I would suggest that before making a final decision you do as David did and be sure to see a current model in the flesh. We had occasion to pick up a 2007 brochure the other day. I noticed that, if the floor plan in the brochure is accurate, they appear to have eliminated at least one section of overhead cabinet in the kitchen since ours was built. I can't understand why it would have been eliminated, and would hope that it is an inaccuracy in the floor plan. [We all know the priority that Keystone places on accurate documentation.]

Harmon & Ruth
Roman 4
2005 Montana 3475RL
2005 Ford F-350 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel
Roman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #44
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
There's not a bad model in the entire Montana lineup. There's a choice that fits nearly everyone. For us, kitchen counter space is important. A separation of rooms is important to us, too. Thus our choice of the 3295RK and now the 3400RL. We figure we spend far more time in the rig when it is parked than we do when stopping while on the road. So long as we can get to the things that are important to us while on the road, that's all that's needed. We can get to the fridge and enough storage areas to do as Dave does and put sandwich materials in areas we can access with slides retracted. Also to the potty. For others maybe they want full kitchen access on the road. Then, a different model would be a better choice. Six nights in the 3400RL so far and we're feeling good about our choice.

Other than the kitchen area those two models appear to be just about identical. Both good choices. I'd like to see overhead cabinets above the peninsula in the 3400, a la 3295RK. That would make a huge difference for people like us.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:58 AM   #45
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
At one time or another Lorraine and I have been in every floorplan that Montana and Mountaineer build. Everyone is beautiful but there are some that will not fit our needs and there are some that will possibly fit our needs but from what we have seen so far the 3475RL WILL fit our needs. We just need to see one a little more up close and personal. Like David and Jo-Anna said "we're anxious to see how they look when they are actually being lived in". That also may be just what I need to push Lorraine totally over the fence.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0
WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Click on either of the above for a larger image
We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote