Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Dual motors for the front legs

Hi

This is the first time since I installed the second landing gear (front legs) motor that we have used the trailer. For those that don’t have a generator installed the second motor gives you more storage room in the generator compartment.

Our unit has the Venture landing gear on it.

The second motor does away with the connector bar between the two landing gear legs and the noise it makes when the motor is running.

The only deviations I made form the standard installation was not installing a second reversing switch, instead I install one off-on switch at the passenger side front leg and a reversing switch-solenoid commonly used on electric winches to operate both legs at the same time.

The switch at the passenger side leg is used to even the two legs when they get out of timing with each other.

With a slight modification of the wiring to the Keystone installed landing gear switch it can be used to operate the heavy duty reversing switch-solenoid.

Last but not least the electric motor / gear box that Keystone uses on some models is not the same as the electric motor / gear box that Venture uses. Keystone's run faster than Venture’s so I had to purchase a another motor

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote