Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Spring is Cancelled.......

It has been a long winter in North Dakota and when the calendar flipped over to March, the weather really turned to El-Crapo!! One winter storm after another and with Spring arriving on Wednesday, we have yet another winter storm warning for Sunday-Monday. Temps are staying 15-20 degrees below average as well but I guess Spring will arrive sometime! So ready to go RVing!!

Rant over!!

The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Sorry to hear it, come on down to New Mexico, 86 today, but alittle overcast. I'd bottle some up and ship it to ya, but you know, they would just lose it somewhere. Hang in there.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
3 inches of snow today in Central Pa, with temps in low 20's tonight. Certainly not spring here.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
jswharton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10100
High 70's in Beavers Bend, OK and the March mayflies and hatching and the trout are a jumping. My son lives in Minnesota, don't know houw you do it! Maybe daylight savings time will bring a change!
jswharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jswharton

High 70's in Beavers Bend, OK and the March mayflies and hatching and the trout are a jumping. My son lives in Minnesota, don't know houw you do it! Maybe daylight savings time will bring a change!
HAHA! I am not too bright for staying here in the winter but the day will come when DW and I can retire and head to the RVG, hopefully.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We have not cancelled it here, actually it hit about seventy today, there is still some flaky forecasts ahead, but even if we have a blizzard, we will be camping for Easter. I am trusting we won't. Hopefully the same trust can work for the rest of MOC land.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
82 & sunny
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Yep, we are sitting here about three hours north of you Rick just wondering the same thing. The snow is deeper than it has been for a good many years and the spring calendar seems to be at least 3 weeks behind schedule and our forecast doesn't show winter loosing it's grip for at least another week. We were hoping to start by heading to Bismark in about 4 weeks, but only time will tell.

Get your hip waders out it's going to be a quick thaw with lots of moisture coming our way from Saskatchewan and then your way from Manitoba. Hope you live on high ground like we do.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DarMar

Yep, we are sitting here about three hours north of you Rick just wondering the same thing. The snow is deeper than it has been for a good many years and the spring calendar seems to be at least 3 weeks behind schedule and our forecast doesn't show winter loosing it's grip for at least another week. We were hoping to start by heading to Bismark in about 4 weeks, but only time will tell.

Get your hip waders out it's going to be a quick thaw with lots of moisture coming our way from Saskatchewan and then your way from Manitoba. Hope you live on high ground like we do.
Sure hope Minot doesn't get slammed again with flood water from the Mouse/Souris River like 2 years ago.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Last year here in western NY it was warm,sunny temps in the 70's,everything in bloom (bad idea) this year march has gone back to winter,lows in the 20's,snow flurries. can't win... wished we could of saved some of the temps
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Where I live we are already blowing through Spring. I hate when that happens. temps in the 80s and 90s. When Spring hits YOUR calendar, I fear we've blown through it and Summer will start when YOUR Spring starts.

Word is around here we should expect a hotter Summer than last year! NO!!! Like it wasn't hot enough last year. We are having 6 month summers around here. Someone send us some of that white powder called snow. I'll take it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Last two days were record highs here in AZ with temps in the 90's. Hang in there we're sending it up to you as quickly as possible. Has anyone cooked and eaten that lying ground hog yet?
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #13
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We really need to ban these types of posts! They are jinxing us! There is this wierd looking white stuff falling from the sky here and it has absolutely no right to be happening in the middle of March. Where is this global warming anyway. Seriously though, there have been many years where we have been camping at Easter and have woke up to a fresh white coat on the ground. Don't have to like it, but I must admit, it is nice being in warm place an looking out on a scene such as that when camping. C'mon Spring!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #14
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Weekenders

It has been a long winter in North Dakota and when the calendar flipped over to March, the weather really turned to El-Crapo!! One winter storm after another and with Spring arriving on Wednesday, we have yet another winter storm warning for Sunday-Monday. Temps are staying 15-20 degrees below average as well but I guess Spring will arrive sometime! So ready to go RVing!!

Rant over!!
Rick, noticed your profile says you are a radio station owner. I was wondering if you give the weather forecast the way you wrote above. I liked the El-Crapo description. Listners probably would relate but maybe not FCC? Hope wx improves for you soon.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #15
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

It was about 65° here yesterday and today we are getting snow.
I have to agree with Bingo on this one!
Hey Bingo, are you guys camping yet?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #16
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DarMar

Sure hope Minot doesn't get slammed again with flood water from the Mouse/Souris River like 2 years ago.
We all remember those families that had their lives turned up side down, perhaps many are now just getting back on their feet. The devastation was huge on both sides of the Canadian/US border and the only difference to our closest city Brandon here was that with lots of warning and preparation their dikes held. We will keep our fingers crossed and pray for those that live on those flood plains.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #17
Dontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #12608
C'mon MOC, Lil Tommy says it's time to ROCK

Dontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #18
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

Quote:

Rant over!!
Rick, noticed your profile says you are a radio station owner. I was wondering if you give the weather forecast the way you wrote above. I liked the El-Crapo description. Listners probably would relate but maybe not FCC? Hope wx improves for you soon.
Yep, everyday on my show, when I do my "weather guess", I measure what sort of day it will be by using the "el-crapo" weather scale. 0 is perfect, 5 is meh, and 10 is going to be bad weather day. Doing it that way for years now. Only word FCC is concerned about is if you drop the F-Bomb. They are mainly concerned about a stations public file, transmitter readings etc and that they are current.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #19
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Spring is also cancelled in Maine. We are expecting 4-8" on Tuesday. This is the winter that doesn't seem to end......

Now the forecast is for 10-16" of snow, the weatherman might actually be right this time. We have 8" on the ground and it is to continue until midnight. (4-8" doesn't sound that bad now) I have already made reservations for Florida next winter...........
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
30's in the Boston area. Spring is off by a bit here, too. Cold and raw. more of something coming on Tues. Not sure yet if rain or snow. Due to the proximity of the ocean, too many variables for a solid forecast. Either way, it's not spring.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote