Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2006, 07:49 AM   #1
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
Dewald slider problem---

Dale was kind enough to give me the phone number for Dewald (Power Gear) on Monday - still can't get anyone even after being told they'd return my call on Mon, Tues & Wed...so I'm hoping someone out there can offer some ideas...

When I open the 3 slides on our 2001 2880RL, they go all the way out but the motor continues to run until I hit the "in" button to stop it. It stops for about 10 seconds and starts back up again. This continues for approx 12 more times. It also screeches while this is going on. I also can't stop the slides from going out.
When I bring the slides IN - this doesn't happen. Seems like it might be the switch but don't want to be guessing! Sure would appreciate some help!

MikeandBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #2
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
sounds to me like you may have a siliniod sticking, go to your battery box and see where the positive cable goes try to follow it to see if their is a siliniod or not, maybe a bad switch on the wall, the contacts might be sticking see if it can be removed from the wall and use a jumper wire to opperate your slides that way. Good luck, Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Mike, I had the same problem with my 1999 Montana with the Dewald system when retracting the slides. Basically there are two solenoids, one for extending and one for retacting the slides. Mine continued to run for a time upon retracting the slides and then shut down. The solenoids are the same part number, just wired differently. By reversing the leads you can bypass the defective solenoid until it's replaced, or pump them in and out by hand.

This link will take you to the Power Gear website where you will find information on part numbers, adjustments, and trouble shooting the system. http://www.powergearus.com/

Good luck,
Don (also retired SBC 6/01)
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:10 AM   #4
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
Thanks Roman and Don! I knew there'd be someone familiar with this!
Now I have a couple ideas to try and pinpoint this problem! Sure appreciate the help! Mike

Hi to fellow SBC retiree - Don!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Mike,

Can't give you a direct link but do the following:

Go to

http://powergearus.com/

Click on Literature
Click on Manuals

On the search page type Dewald and it will give you several different pdf manuals including operation and parts.

I downloaded three of the manuals some time ago.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 AM   #6
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Mike on page 10 of the operation manual there is a troubleshooting chart and it states that you have a faulty solenoid or wall/pump switch.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
Thanks so much for the info, Tom!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:50 AM   #8
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
No problem. hope the manuals help. Oh, Welcome to the MOC. There is a mountain of data on this forum. Someone told me about the manuals. Good reading.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
Got the manual downloaded! Thanks Tom! Lots of reading on this website too! Learning lots - its terrific!