Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2013, 04:21 AM   #1
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
To raise the standard

When Pat is well enough and I return to work , I will be giving a presentation on Montana. It's purpose is to help our people to understand why M is to be our premier 5er.
I beg your assistance. Please comment and help me to do a job that will improve our presentation.
Who better than you to research?
Thanks for your comments.
Larry

HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #2
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
You might want to emphasize the value the MOC forum ADDS to the rv ownership experience for each new owner of a Montana and there is no better person to relay that value than Larry. Our dealership constantly fails in this area.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Added to that would be our experience with Keystone Customer service. They even authorized a non-dealer to fix a warranty item for us in Deming, NM where no dealer is close. They were easy to work with, authorized the repair and sent a check out to me by return mail. Also, for folks that full time, being able to find dealers and parts as we travel the country is a big plus.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Always follow the money, and for us that translates into customer service along with bang-for-the-buck from Montana and Keystone. On the other side of the coin you hopefully can promote to the sales staff the dealership's agreement with Montana for direct incentives paid from Montana to the salesperson verses an sob bonus program.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
You can use our testimonial if you want. We researched fifth wheels for 3-4 years, new and used. We walked through a lot of different manufacturers models, looked at floorplans on-line, read reviews, compared prices, and even visited forums. The net result of all this: We still have our Cougar TT...........BUT, that's only because of weather up here in the northeast. I have signed the paperwork and will take delivery of a 2010 Montana 3455SA, as soon a I can get my trade out of the snow and down to the dealership. Comments and opinions of the people on this forum are one of the reasons we chose the Montana over Cedar Creek, Blackwood, Carriage, Bighorn and Cardinal. I am very thankful for this resource as is my wife, since I've been driving her crazy thoughout the process. She wanted the Montana the first time we looked at it last fall, but I insisted on researching more. Here we are though and happy to be here.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Golferdave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12573
Send a message via MSN to Golferdave
Hi Hook:

We were avid Carriage supporters with a 35ft Carriage Cameo LXi for 7 years full timing.. Traded for a 2013 Montana 3800RE. Wonderful unit.
Had a warrantee problem involving TV and kitchen tap. Submitted the
claim to Keystone thru our dealer in Mesa AZ. 1 week later received OK on Warrantee and the next week we had a new TV and new kitchen faucet. This would never have happened with Carriage. Thank you Keystone. There was NO hastle. We chose the right RV.
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Biggjb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9851
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Added to that would be our experience with Keystone Customer service. They even authorized a non-dealer to fix a warranty item for us in Deming, NM where no dealer is close. They were easy to work with, authorized the repair and sent a check out to me by return mail. Also, for folks that full time, being able to find dealers and parts as we travel the country is a big plus.
I fully agree with Dick. I had a recall on the Norcold Fridge and Keystone customer service again outhorized a non Keystone dealer to do the repairs at no cost to me whatsoever.
Biggjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
I mostly like our 2010 Montana 3000RK bought new. I don't like the inferior products they use to assemble it. Way too many problems for a new trailer. Material on the chairs and couch not holding up, fresh water pump replaced this winter in Arizona, replaced sink holding tank last year, inferior tires by Goodyear (Marathon), the king bed showing early breakdown and sink staining and more. Oh yeah, the living room night and day shades fell down last year on way down to Arizona and last week the kitchen window shades broke. Quality and workmanship not there.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
I realize looks can be decieving, also they are not everything, but they are what grabs your attention. When I look at the interior of a Montana, for the most part, it looks like a home with nice trimmings. Over the past four weeks I have looked at many brands of travel trailers and fifth wheels while shopping with my brother. We saw some nice things and some truly hideous things. Cabinets that look like they're covered in wood grain wallpaper. Door panels buckling from moisture. Drawer joints with gaps, not to mention cabinet stiles as well. I even looked at some Designer and Luxury Suites-one called the Executive edition I think. These to me were the worst looking interiors of all-they just screamed cheap and "camper" interior. These same units are what are supposed to be competing with Montana as far as price point goes. In my opinion-not even close. I'm looking forward to attending the rally this year so we can take the factory tour. I want to see how the best bang for your buck fivers are built!
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #10
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Larry,

Keystone Montana and Camping World have a partnership that allows those CW Montana purchasers exposure to a vast network and not just the traditional one dealer who the 5th wheel is purchased from. It extends the consumer to an a 5th wheel inventory that CW offers in their network.

This network is a plus for the buyer however, it also should be noted that potential Montana buyers should still get the best deal no matter who they buy from.

Hope this helps with your presentation.

mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote