Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #21
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
ozz
the egg timer is a good idea not for the time as i would expect the shore water pressures vary so the fill rate would change,
but the one egg timer ticking in the hand is more tangable reminder than tieing a string on a finger
mikey

thekennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Remember mikey,
If you really need to max out your FWT, stick a hose in the rear fill port and when water runs out, it's full. The KISS principle.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
And don't forget to put a water filter (and/or softener) in line of the hose when filling, too. The "CFSW" principle - Clean Filtered Softened Water. I don't have a convenience center, so like pineranch simplifies, this is as convenient as it gets.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
what fun would life be with comon sense?
we were in a area where the water supply froze up at night so we use fresh water tank till the sun warms things up and we ran dry so i used filler while i was off-loading grey water and forgot
the shore water line has a sediment filter that we use
mikey
thekennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #25
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Overlord, That would be good advice, but I think our confidence level is pretty low on the accuracy of those factory tank gauges
Never had problems with the fresh water tank gauge, it's the other ones with wet TP and soap scum that always seem to read wrong because of build-up on the "full" probe.

At least that's my experience with it all.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote