Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
imolared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21609
Montana 3120RL panel of switches

Exciting day.
We took delivery on our 2019 20th Edition 3120RL.
Our previous 5th wheel was a 2012 3100RL

Ahh more request for suggestions/help.

There are two sets of three each rocker switches (probably 12v) that My dealer has not yet been able to describe their function.

The display screen behind the upper cabinet door had one set of three switches. I do not know what they do?

Around the corner by the cork board are another set of three switches under the solar information screen. The far right of the three operates the light over the island. I do not know what they do.

In both cases I have turned them on and off with and without shore power. I do not see anything happening.

I suspect some of them may be part of the waste tanks heating system. But during the walk through the dealer was confused as to why they are there.

thanks,
-ed

imolared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
On our 2017 the tank heaters are back lit in blue.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
Steve Barry

M.O.C. #21196
montana 3120rl panel of switches

1st set of switches are for your tank heaters, 2nd set like you said far right light over island,middle is your pantry lights and the 3rd is the frount cap yellow led lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolared View Post
Exciting day.
We took delivery on our 2019 20th Edition 3120RL.
Our previous 5th wheel was a 2012 3100RL

Ahh more request for suggestions/help.

There are two sets of three each rocker switches (probably 12v) that My dealer has not yet been able to describe their function.

The display screen behind the upper cabinet door had one set of three switches. I do not know what they do?

Around the corner by the cork board are another set of three switches under the solar information screen. The far right of the three operates the light over the island. I do not know what they do.
In both cases I have turned them on and off with and without shore power. I do not see anything happening.

I suspect some of them may be part of the waste tanks heating system. But during the walk through the dealer was confused as to why they are there.

thanks,
-ed
Steve Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
imolared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21609
Thanks, these switches do not appear to be back-lit.

-ed
Old 09-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
Steve Barry

M.O.C. #21196
1st time hope you got it
Steve Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
imolared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21609
Ah....
Great quick answer.....thank you.

Our pantry light does have motion activation. So I wonder if this switch is a master switch or part of a three-way on-off system.

Having some sort of "operation indicator" for the tanks would have been nice.
Do you know if they have some sort of "auto-off" feature. I can envision turning them on and forgetting ----> drained batteries.

-ed