Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
pammer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18641
New Owner 3721RL, Montana Rally, Goshen, Indiana

Hello All and Happy Memorial Day.

The new Montana 3721RL is scheduled to be picked up from the dealer on Wednesday, June 1. We are so excited to get it home and loaded up for a June 17 departure to Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, and South Dakota. The "old" Montana High Country 323RL is unloaded and ready to be delivered to the dealer.

Another trip I would like to take is to the Montana Rally in Goshen, Indiana in September. I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who have been and are going in September of 2016. Are we too late to make reservations or is it first come first served? The rally sounds like a fun event and we would love to go. I, especially, (Pam) am interested in taking the Ladies Driving Class that is offered (has anyone done this)? I am terrified to pull these big homes on wheels and think I would really benefit from a class. We would really like to meet some of you fine folks as well. I hope we can make it happen.

UPDATE:
Wednesday has come and gone and still no new 5th wheel. Argh!

A part was needed for the suspension (a wet bolt, I think). Dexter is dragging their feet getting the replacement part out and apparently they may be sending a "Dexter Guy" out to do the replacement. We have also learned that there are some stress cracks in the fiberglass in the back cap in the groove under the window and we are waiting for Keystone to approve repair of that. We are trying to stay positive about the dealer and the rig but we are losing confidence. They didn't mention the stress cracks in the fiberglass...we just happened to hear about it from the service guys when we were trying to get ETA information on the part for the suspension. I'm starting to feel like they can't be trusted. I would hate to have this whole thing fall apart because we really like the 3721RL and would have to order one if this deal falls through. We don't have a lot of dealers to choose from out here in Albuquerque (that carry Montana).

UPDATE 6/6/16
Still waiting. Keystone factory rep got involved so part is supposedly on its way from Dexter. Keystone also approved 18 hours of labor to fix the stress cracks in the fiberglass but that will be done when we get back from our trip in June. We are supposed to leave on June 17...11 days from now...it's going to be close!

UPDATE 6/15/16
Well...it's a sad state of affairs here in New Mexico....Keystone and the dealer couldn't pull it off. We were down to the wire...1 part was missing from Keystone for the suspension (On 6/14/16)..dealer had the part overnighted, it showed up this morning (6/15/16) and, yep, you guessed it...the wrong part was sent. We had to call it because waiting for the right part to be shipped and arrive at the dealers would push our delivery date to Friday 6/17/16. We couldn't wait any longer. Montana High Country 323RL will be taking one more trip with us and the new Montana 3721RL will hang out at the dealer for 3 weeks while we are on our trip. So....we are reloading the 323RL with our belongings (yes, we emptied it completely) and we will leave on time Friday morning. We have not signed any papers yet, but we did put new Goodyear tires on the 3721RL (thinking we were being proactive and it would be one less thing we would have to do before we left in the new 3721RL). Needless to say we are very disappointed but we will not let this ruin a perfectly good vacation. Maybe they will be done with it when we get back...I can only hope.

Update: July 13, 2016
New Montana is home with us now. PDI took us 5-1/2 hours. We found several things that needed to be fixed while we were there. There are still a few issues that we need to figure out...the day after we got the new unit, it had to go back to the dealer to figure out why the inverter wouldn't work (wired wrong), we hate the whisper quiet air but thanks to this forum we have ordered new vents so that hopefully will help with cooling. We finally have it home and we hope to get all of the bugs worked out before our next trip.

pammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! No you are not too late for the Rally. Rally masters are still being arranged for and so sign up hasn't started yet. When it does it will be announce here on the forum and sign up and paying, thru Pay Pal, is arranged on this site. Look forward to meeting you there.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Welcome and congrats on the new montana
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Welcome to the form. Congratulations on the new rig enjoy.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #5
dhuhn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17176
Send a message via MSN to dhuhn
Welcome to the forum. We also traded our High Country for a 3720. We really love the new rig and hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.

Dan & Sandy Huhn
2016 Montana 3720 2015 Chevy 3500 SWD Duro Max
Prev 2012 High Country 313RE 2012 Chevy 2500 DMax
dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new rig.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and welcome to this great forum.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:44 AM   #8
pammer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18641
Thank you for the welcome messages. We will be watching for news on the Goshen, Indiana rally.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #9
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Welcome to the forum & Congratulations!
Part of the enjoyment of owning a Montana is this forum.
This is a great place to share and find information about your Montana.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:32 PM   #10
pkbridges77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17920
Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the forum.
pkbridges77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:56 AM   #11
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Welcome to the MOC. Wishing you many happy miles and adventures. We are planning to attend the Rally in September for the first time this year also.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:27 AM   #12
pammer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18641
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Welcome to the MOC. Wishing you many happy miles and adventures. We are planning to attend the Rally in September for the first time this year also.
Maybe we will see you there.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #13
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
Pam & ?, from central Arkansas, welcome to the forum. Waiting for something you want so much is torture. I hope they resolve those issues and get it out to you soon.

We attended our first (the National) rally in 2014. We ended up getting a new RV as a result of that trip. While there, we went on the factory tour and learned that they had stopped production of the model we had our eyes on, 2 weeks prior to our visit. Our plan was to look at them and then order one when we got home. We got some help in locating the model we wanted and had it brought to Arkansas to us. Luck was with us.

As for the rally itself, Brian and I both attended most of the scheduled events. I signed up for the ladies driving school. The instructors from Keystone were very attentive to the ladies....and husbands are not allowed, so that helps with the nerves a lot. Keystone reps brought units from the factory to the fairgrounds, where the school was held. They did an informative talk before we went out for the "hands on" part. They ask for people to volunteer their trucks for the school. I volunteered ours and requested that I be allowed to use our truck so that I could get the feel of everything in the vehicle I would one day be using. There was a section for hitching up and unhitching, one for backing up into a space, and a couple for pulling the RV. They will be right there with you throughout all of it. No worries. We all graduated! You'll do fine.

This is a very informative but fun rally to attend. The regionals rallies are much more laid back, allowing you to get to visit and get to swap stories with folks. Both are great! ENJOY!
onekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #14
pammer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18641
UPDATE 6/15/16
Well...it's a sad state of affairs here in New Mexico....Keystone and the dealer couldn't pull it off. We were down to the wire...1 part was missing from Keystone for the suspension (On 6/14/16)..dealer had the part overnighted, it showed up this morning (6/15/16) and, yep, you guessed it...the wrong part was sent. We had to call it because waiting for the right part to be shipped and arrive at the dealers would push our delivery date to Friday 6/17/16. We couldn't wait any longer. Montana High Country 323RL will be taking one more trip with us and the new Montana 3721RL will hang out at the dealer for 3 weeks while we are on our trip. So....we are reloading the 323RL with our belongings (yes, we emptied it completely) and we will leave on time Friday morning. We have not signed any papers yet, but we did put new Goodyear tires on the 3721RL (thinking we were being proactive and it would be one less thing we would have to do before we left in the new 3721RL). Needless to say we are very disappointed but we will not let this ruin a perfectly good vacation. Maybe they will be done with it when we get back...I can only hope.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:36 AM   #15
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Pam, welcome to the forum from sunny Colorado. Sorry to hear about the delay. While you are waiting for your new rig and relaxing on your trip, investigate the forum. You will find a section on the Regional clubs. We have a Rocky Mountain rally in September. Many of us will be leaving after that rally in Colorado to the Goshen rally. Perhaps you could join us. We live in Northern Colorado. If you get near Fort Collins, let us know.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:48 AM   #16
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
I would walk away from the rig and the dealer. Stress cracks and you have not completed the purchase? Walk away. Other dealers, other rigs.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
Old 06-22-2016, 03:00 AM   #17
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome to the MOC family and hoping all works out well for you in the end.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:45 AM   #18
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Welcome. I agree 1retired06 - walk away and find another unit. My new unit had numerous warranty issues to deal with - I can't imagine adding stress cracks to them.
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:10 AM   #19
pammer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18641
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

I would walk away from the rig and the dealer. Stress cracks and you have not completed the purchase? Walk away. Other dealers, other rigs.
The small stress cracks have been repaired (or so they say) and documented in case they get worse. Hubs didn't seem too concerned about that. We have, however, talked about backing out of the deal but we made the mistake of putting our new Goodyear tires on it already (trying to save some time) and traded in their crappy tires in the process. So......we are kind of locked in now I think. We haven't done our walk through yet, that will happen when we return from this trip. We will see the repairs made on the stress cracks then and see what else needs fixin! We hope all goes well. We really do like this unit.

These rigs are all made by humans and humans make mistakes, but....I think the factory personnel should be held accountable for their work and it doesn't appear that they are. I also think that when inventory arrives at a dealer they should be inspected at the time of arrival. That would cut down on some of the issues that arise when the unit is purchased. Just my 2 cents.

Gene and Pam
Old 06-22-2016, 06:59 AM   #20
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Just remember if true stress cracks, that happened just over the delivery. Make sure the dealer, who should have seen and not sold the unit, did not just do a cosmetic repair. Most true stress cracks go back to frame/bad weld issues, which can be a major repair many dealers cannot handle. Dealer could if he wanted, offer a different unit, and swap the wheels/tires easily.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7