Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #21
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carole

Well, congratulations on your new " home". I know you will love it. Glad to see you are including Alabama in your next travels. Have lived in Alabama over 70 years and reside in Northport, AL, next to T-Town, Tuscaloosa, home of the University of ALabama Crimson Tide. If I can be of any help with places to see or stay, just PM me. If you haven't been to our gulf seashores, it is a must see. May your travels be eventful and always safe.
Since I married a girl from Alabama, I've been coming there for 44 years. We've traveled extensively throughout the state and really enjoy our time there. Yes, we've stayed on the Alabama gulf coast, but we could always do it again.

We're headed back there for a family reunion over the Fourth of July. Good times! (But glad we've got dual a/c's!)

Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #22
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Congrats on the new 5ver, we have the same model, love it, but the mattress was replace after a couple of short trips with a sleep number bed. Also if you add some shelving in the kitchen cabinet on the wall between kitchen and bathroom, and in bathroom, you can double your storage. Enjoy your HC, we sure do.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #23
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Quote:
quote:but the mattress was replace after a couple of short trips with a sleep number bed.
Interesting...the mattress seemed okay for just the one night we tried it on the way home from the dealer. We took the mattress foam topper from our old trailer and put it on the new mattress today, it felt just as good as the mattress we've slept on for the past seven years when we were in the TT.

On a side note, I've heard some problems with Sleep Number Beds, especially if one travels between altitudes. Also, if the pump dies it's difficult to get a replacement when one is on the road and not near a Sleep Number retailer, plus that pump is pricey.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grayghost03
Also if you add some shelving in the kitchen cabinet on the wall between kitchen and bathroom, and in bathroom, you can double your storage.
You must be a woodworker to make those shelves! We transferred everything from the old trailer to the HC today, and also noted that those locations could have used more shelves. It is definitely something I'm going to have to investigate. I might hire a cabinet maker to do that for me. (I'm not the handyman type - but I am a wizard with computers).
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Never had a problem with compressor, this is our 5th sleep number in the family, and second in RV, if you are going to change(increase altitude while traveling more the 4000 ft) we usually drop the pressure to #20, and reinflate at camp. Sleep number has store in most areas now. With one day delivery, don't think getting something is a problem. But then again in 13 years never need anything replaced. Our mattress showed its teeth within a week or so, of sleeping on it, hope you got a good one. Being a wizard at computer, hmm, maybe we will cross paths some day and barter for computer tune up for wood working. Enjoy your travels and we know you will love the rig. What are you towing with?
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grayghost03
What are you towing with?
We're towing with a 2012 F-250 Powerstroke SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4. Since it's a short bed, we're using a ProSlider 20K hitch. Works great! On the 500 mile trip home from purchasing it just outside Sacramento we had to climb up 4000' over the "Grapevine" from Bakersfield to Los Angeles. We just kept the cruise control set on 59 mph and the truck never deviated. We've named our truck "Brutus"!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #26
steve1230
Established Member

M.O.C. #17811
Seeing this post now helps convince me we are doing well with our purchase in two days of a 2016 352rl high country from a dealer only 5 miles from us..........Folsom Lake RV! How has yours been since purchase?
steve1230 is offline   Reply With Quote