Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
To Honor A Friend......

I was devastated to wake-up to the news that someone I admired had passed away during the night.

My “other husband” as my husband joked, and his “other wife” as his wife joked because we were on the phone so much during the times that we organized 4 MOC rallies together along with ToolManRoy (Roy & Nancy Burk) at Lake Siskiyou in Northern California.

We had so many conversations about the rallys but they also would include so much more about our lives and children. Sometimes we would call just to talk about things that had no relation to the organization of rallys.

He was a man who fiercely adored his wife, his family and the area he lived/grew up in. His parents had owned and operated the Lake Siskiyou Campground and the family lived there when he was a boy growing up.

Rest in peace, I’ll miss you Don Moore (Searchers), my friend, my buddy, my “other husband”. My heart goes out to his wife Claudia. May she find strength in that he was such a good man who was respected and admired by many.

With the permission of Claudia, it is only fitting that the name of the Rally at Lake Siskiyou be changed to the “Don Moore Memorial Rally” at Lake Siskiyou. I'm sure he will be there in spirit with us.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Margee,

I am sadden by the news of Don's passing.

Your description of "He was a man who fiercely adored his wife, his family and the area he lived/grew up in" is so fitting.

Don will be missed....Both Don and Claudia are truly special and caring people. And I am grateful for the MOC Rallys at Lake Siskiyou for giving Kevin and the opportunity to get to know Don and Claudia.

It was Don who welcomed Kevin and I with open arms, even though we owned an SOB.

To Don it did not matter what kind of rig you camped with.... he spotted and welcomed all, knowing that we all have the same interest. Enjoying and traveling, the outdoors and being with family and friends.

Don always treated us as one of the MOC family.

Don will always be in our Hearts.

Denise and Kevin Halfacre
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:35 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
May he rest in peace, may his family find solace in the great legacy you left testament to.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:54 AM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
What a nice guy, he will be missed.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Margee,
What a wonderful thing to name the Rally for Don! All the great things you said about Don are so true. Don was one of the first folks we met as a MOCer. We had pulled off in Shasta to stay the night. Don saw us in the middle of Shasta and followed us to our camping site. We ended up having dinner with Don and Claudia and began a long friendship. Don you are already missed and thank you for being such a good friend. Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
A great testament to Don!
Though we never met him, somehow I'm confident it was our loss. I expect he would have been a wonderful friend.
RIP Don. Our condolences Claudia.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #7
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
How sad! RIP Don our good friend,you will be greatly missed!
Jack and Terry
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Don was a great part of the reason that our MOC family is so large. We attended the first Lake Siskiyou rally and that is where we met Don and Claudia. After that rally we have been on many more trips where Don and Claudia have joined us. Don will be missed and remembered forever as one of the nicest friends we have known. We want to thank you for changing the name of the rally to the “Don Moore Memorial Rally”.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Didn't know Don, but I wish I did. You all have paid a nice tribute to him! It's certainly my loss. God Bless!

MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #10
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Good Bye, Don, we will all miss you! And dear Claudia-- we are thinking of you too.
Love, Mariana and Bill
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #11
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Have not been on MOC for a while and just saw this posting. We are sad to hear of Don's passing and are honored to have met him and been acquainted with him and Claudia.
Virgil and Karen Lee
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #12
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I am having a page dedicated to Don Moore in the rally book for the upcoming Don Moore Memorial Rally at Lake Siskiyou. If anyone would like to contribute to it, I would greatly appreciate you sending your thoughts, feelings, anecdotes of Don to me at margee53@hotmail.com or through the private messaging system here at the MOC. I will credit each author. A copy of the rally book will be given to his wife Claudia.

I would need your contributions by the end of March. Thank you.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote