Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Hydraulic Slide-out adjustment tip

I have been working on making adjustments on my slide-outs. I have spoken to Lippert tech a few times and while they have been cordial and helpful, their advice has not always been correct. I had read the Lippert manual and knew how to make the individual adjustments, but Lippert gave conflicting information on which adjustment to make to correct a particular problem.

Anyway, I found this information in a Forest River manual which gives clearer advice on WHICH adjustment to make to fix a particular problem with your Lippert Through the Frame Hydraulic.

Maybe you'll find it helpful too.

Determine Which Through-Frame Slide Room Adjustment to Make

• Change Slide Room Top Seal Compression or to Fix Slide Floor Rubbing Main Floor Linoleum = “Vertical Adjustment” Relocate the slide-out mounting bracket(s) up or down where it is fastened to slide-out head bracket(s)

• Change Left / Right Spacing of Slide Room within RV Main Sidewall Opening = “Horizontal Adjustment”
Relocate the slide-out mounting brackets toward front or rear of RV where fastened to slide-out head brackets

• Equalize Left / Right Seal Compression = “Slide Room Synchronization”
On the passive (non-drive) inner tube, relocate the slide-out head bracket where it is fastened to the inner tube

• Change Overall Seal Compression, Particularly at Bottom, with Slide Room Retracted = “Hydraulic Slide Room IN Adjustment”
Relocate the Ny-lock nut that is located outboard of inner tube bracket

• Change Overall Seal Compression, Particularly at Bottom, with Slide Room Extended = “Hydraulic Slide Room OUT Adjustment”
Relocate nuts that are located inboard of inner tube bracket

• Adjustment(s) for cosmetic purpose can cause unintended problems with room seals and or function. Slide Room Adjustment(s) are to be made only to correct nonconforming functionality and or room seal.
• Make multiple small changes instead of attempting the full span. Run room fully after each adjustment and observe achieved seal. Damage to slide room structure can easily occur. CAREFULLY WATCH the area being sealed when operating slide room
Attached Files
File Type: pdf slide out adjustments.pdf (81.6 KB, 256 views)

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote