Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2020, 04:43 AM   #41
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
I fished my brake wire right through the existing loom from the pin box to the front compartment. Just lucked out maybe but it's worth a try!

Mark

Yep, same as my wiring. Keystone had virtually hidden the wiring to the point I really had no easy access. I added an extension box to the existing one as well since ours was virtually full of wire and wire nuts and couldn't get the cover back on

2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:47 PM   #42
WhatExit?
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28356
Reviving this thread...

I have a 2021 3120RL with Electric Drum brakes - how do I know what components I need to upgrade my 5th wheel to disc brakes?

Thanks for your help
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #43
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
I made 1 call to "Stop your trailer.com" and they sent EVERYTHING I needed. All I provided was a picture of the axle tags and a desire to upgrade the outer bearings. I can't say enough good things.

Mark
Old 05-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #44
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I'm not a fan of the "one size fits all" disk brake conversions especially as to the plumbing part ... some people do which is fine as it does not effect quality. If you go the individual component route, You'll need an actuator (Titan, Hydrastar, Dexter) to supply hydraulic pressure to the calipers, a caliper kit (Kodiak, Dexter, Redline) in itself that replaces the electric magnet, backing plate, and shoe assys ... and a metal tubing or flex hose kit along with a handful of line fittings. I prefer metal tubing. You'll need to know what axles you have under your rig which is usually found on a paper tag on the axles itself or stamped into the axle tube. If you do a custom install yourself, you will need basic wiring skills, basic mechanical skills, and perhaps the ability to correctly double flare hydraulic line. Or just use the universal tubing kits and wad the extra 5 or ten feet of tubing in a loop under your frame. There are one or two other items you'll deal with, but you get the gist here.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote