Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #21
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
The "rules" are kinda like the rules of talking with your family ... no politics, no religion. Follow the Golden Rule and don't post anything you wouldn't want your 5-yr old grandchild to read.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Brad is over on.."That other forum"..posting away and doing just fine.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #23
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Not to change the subject any but is there any way to pull up a page which shows all the members which have been locked out? If we could see a master list such as this it might be a reminder for the rest of us “to tow the line” so to speak.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
This would be another list for the admins to track. But if the membership wants to know the other member names that are no longer in the MOC, that would be up to the admins whether to provide or maintain this list. I don't expect this is subject to a vote, because like most forums it's up to the administration whether to put this up for consideration or not. I would certainly respect that they might not want to go there or add a job like this on top of the other things they monitor and do.

I will trust the administrators and the departing members are the two best parties to know why things are the way they are. Such is the life of internet forums. This happens all the time.

This is only my opinion. Thanks.

As mentioned by other posts within this topic, others in this membership know how to get in touch with Brad. You might get in touch with them and go from there.

I also liked Brad's posts but best wishes to Brad and I wish continued success of the MOC and its remaining members. Cheers everyone!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bill,,, Click on members in the upper right of this page then look at the "head icon" on the far left and if you have good eyes you will see a lock. on the locked out members. Then just look through all 6000 or so members and take a count...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #26
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Brad was/is one of the good guys. He was a great help to many, myself included.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #27
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
I followed Rich's instructions on knowing how someone is locked. There were quite a few, but not as many as I thought. Some of the locked members have not posted for some time. I guess if the member decides to work out the issues, then they'll get unlocked.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #28
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Quote:
quote:By Art-n-Marge

I followed Rich's instructions on knowing how someone is locked. There were quite a few, but not as many as I thought.
That didn't take very long, are you sure you found them all???
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #29
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
It didn't take long because I did not look for them all which is why I provided no numbers. I only perused about 30-40 pages out of the over 400 pages. In those pages I saw about 10 plus.

I certainly have plenty of time on my hands. If you are interested I would be glad to provide you a full snapshot report with numbers and graphs but I will ask for a heavy discount on some tires, too... :-)
Old 07-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
I have corresponded with Brad via email. He was locked out over a very minor differnece of opinion that would not have been mentioned on most forums. I was advised not to join this forum for this very reason, admin is very quick to lock out a long time member who was an excellent contributor to the forum. As noted above, Brad was one of the good guys.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #31
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Maybe this forum is like baseball or the criminal justice system.
Three strikes and you are out.
If a person has been warned of the rules then those rules of the forum should dicate behavior to continue to post on the forum.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #32
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I went to the member’s area and typed in “n/a” on a member search and there are a lot of people for what ever reason, that have been locked out. I don’t suspect they have all been bad boys or girls either. Some of them have only had a few postings. The n/a turns out to be what shows up whenever their user name has been removed. You can still see their information on the profile. I just wonder what has gone on with all of that. That certainly reduces the actual size of this forum compared to all the users which have signed up.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

I went to the member’s area and typed in “n/a” on a member search and there are a lot of people for what ever reason, that have been locked out. I don’t suspect they have all been bad boys or girls either. Some of them have only had a few postings. The n/a turns out to be what shows up whenever their user name has been removed. You can still see their information on the profile. I just wonder what has gone on with all of that. That certainly reduces the actual size of this forum compared to all the users which have signed up.
Bill, in the past we have been told that a member who has not posted in a year will be deleted automatically by the forum software when they run the purge. If you look at the 10 members you find when you use your n/a search method, they all show "deleted" and all have not posted in over a year. I don't think those were locked out. I think those were purged for inactivity. I looked at the profile of the 10 deleted members and none look like they were bsmeaton.

Art, how did you do your search where you found 10 or so members locked out in the first 40 pages? I did that and found none. So I must be doing it wrong.

I searched for bsmeaton and see he has 5412 posts. The member list I looked at is in the default order by number of posts. Bsmeaton is not there. So it looks like locked out members don't show in that list. Is there another way to see them?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #34
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I scanned thru part of the list of names. Many who had not posted since 2007 were shown as locked. But there also some who had not posted since 2007 and even 2006 that did not show the lock.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #35
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Steve,

My search was unscientific. I don't believe I said I searched the First 30 or 40 pages, but what I did was I started with all the A's and found a couple, then the first four or five pages of B through K and found a few more because I was looking for the high posting members. I also searched all pages for a few of the letters, but I don't remember which ones.

Since then, on a hunch from Bill-n-Donna's post about the n/a name, I searched the "N"s and found pages and pages of them but I think n/a represents a member whose name was replaced with "n/a".

I noticed that if you click on "ALL" for the member lists, it lists all UNLOCKED members in order of "number of posts", the higher the number the sooner the page they show up. But if you click on a specific Letter representing a member's name, then like Richfaa mentioned you can then see the "locked" members, too. There are over 100 PAGES of N's, because there are pages and pages of "n/a" members. But I am sure each letter will have locked names as well.

Okay everyone,

At this point I am no longer comfortable posting in this topic because I am not an administrator and would prefer to leave the administration of the forum to them. As a past member of plenty of forums (and as an administrator), I do not want to be viewed like I'm being nosy or opionated on the management of this forum, because I am neither.

I guess the only thing I learned about this, is by seeing my name in these lists I have hundreds of posts compared to many others. I guess I have way too much free time and enjoy this forum, and many of its members so much.

Take care all,
Art
Old 07-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #36
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, would you tell me where to look? When I look at the member list I don't see any of the lock icons by the head icon at all. The only time I see them is when I "search" for a particular username. Obviously I'm not looking in the right place. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #37
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I would ditto your line if thinking, Art. It is interesting though to find unique names and status of members in general.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #38
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Art, your post came in while I was writing my last one. I just tried your method, starting with the first B page and that does show a locked member. We're heading out to babysit a granddaughter in a few minutes so cannot look further.

When you search on username 'n/a' you get a list of deleted members who probably were purged for inactivity. It could include some who were locked more than a year ago, too. I don't know of any way to find just locked members and frankly I don't care enough to go look. I figure those who got locked brought it on themselves.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #39
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I emailed a forum member today that I just realized was locked out or "booted". No, it wasn't Brad. This guy thinks it was for complaining about Montana quality. Personally, I don't agree with that; I think we should take the good with the bad. But then, I don't own this forum. Guess I got lucky, cause I complained a lot too.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #40
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I would hope that Brad and Dean each received an e-mail from the MOC admins explaining why there were locked out.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote