Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Big Sky, Montana - The State?

My grandson is getting married at Big Sky, Montana over the 4th of July week. So far the closest campground I can find is in Bozeman. Does anyone know of a closer one that our Big Tana will fit in? We will probably stay at the Lodge the day of the wedding but will be at a campground the rest of the time.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

My grandson is getting married at Big Sky, Montana over the 4th of July week. So far the closest campground I can find is in Bozeman. Does anyone know of a closer one that our Big Tana will fit in? We will probably stay at the Lodge the day of the wedding but will be at a campground the rest of the time.

Helen
Hi Helen,

Try this place...Castle Rock Inn

It is about 11 miles from Big Sky. We have not stayed there, but would like to check it out.

Here are their rates.

Recreational Vehicle Park- Full Hookups and modern bathrooms.
Daily Rate $25.00 per night
Monthly Rate $375

Hope this is of some help and congratulations on your grandson's upcoming nuptials.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Helen,

I have nothing to offer as to where to stay but I noticed that the Castle Rock Inn mentioned Lewis and Clark Caverns as being in the surrounding area. We highly recommend that you visit the caverns. It is a hidden gem. Since it is a state park it doesn't get a lot of publicity and caverns have not been commercialized.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I just want to let you know that I have heard from Castle Rock Inn. I knew it was too good to be true because this was exactly what we were looking for but they only have six RV sites and they are all booked for the week that we need one. The owner sounded so nice and we will try them again another time. Something has happened to their web site and the owner was not aware of it but will check it out. Thank you so much Patty for your help. I am still looking for a site but may have to stay in Bozeman or Yellowstone and drive back and forth but we are still checking the State Parks.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Lewis and clark Carverns has a campground--I don't know how far away that would be but we camped there many years ago in a tent.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote