Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2002, 04:27 AM   #1
Montana_31
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #31
Leveling and hitching tips

I put a round bubble level inside the compartment were the front leveling jack switch is located. After using a round bubble level inside the camper in several spots to be sure to camper was level, I synchronized the two levels and screwed the level near the switch to the bottom of the compartment. Now I can see at the switch when the camper is level front to back and side to side.

I also screwed a line bubble level so it will pivot to the vertical rise of the storage compartment where the front leveling jack switch is located. When I have raised the camper to unhitch, I set the level to zero. I unhitch and level the camper using the round bubble level. When we are ready to leave, I raise or lower the camper as necessary until the line level reads zero. Using this method I know that the camper is at the proper height to hitch up without any or very little adjustment.

I hope this takes away some of the hassle with setting up and breaking down on your next trip.

96' Ram 3500 DRW V-10
2000 3280RL 3/s

Traveling with your best friend is one of God's greatest gifts.

Montana_31 is offline   Reply With Quote