Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Difficult Feelings

I may be about to get unpopular in a hurry. I managed to stay out of that other thread. But here goes on what I am thinking.

In my opinion, that matter was not about freedom of speech or censorship at all. It is about a 64 year-old man that got his feelings hurt. I am sorry he got his feeling hurt and I don't think anyone intended to hurt them. However, I expect a person that senior in years to have learned to manage hurt feeling with greater dignity than was demonstrated. Additionally, my experience teaches me that often when one gets offended, it isn't because the offender is so offensive, rather the offended is so easily offended.

My feelings have been hurt many times by various folks. Picking up my marbles and going home is not a mature way to manage anger and frustration. With all the encouragement many of you gave the man and he is still espoused his desire to leave the group, my vote is to let him go. And I won't be pleading for his return.

Further, I wish to applaude the site monitors, who have the thankless task of trying to maintain the rules to which I agreed when becoming a member of the MOC, for doing their job with even handedness. If they were to choose to extract this post, I might be disappointed, but I would not pout or leave.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote