Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
And that's another reason I don't do Wal*Marts. Yes, this same thing could happen in an RV park but the odds are a whole lot higher at the Wal*Marts and even the truck stops.

On the last leg of our trip down to Georgia, a few weeks ago, I was kind of pushing it and found myself still on the Interstate after dark. As I needed fuel anyway and rather than looking for a CG in the dark I thought I'd take the easy (and cheap) way out and stay at a Flying J. Found one with plenty of room and parked the rig. Went in the restaurant for something to eat after which we retired to our rig for what I was hoping would be a good nights sleep. WRONG!!! I was awake most of the night listening to the comings and goings of the big trucks and other RV's all night. At one point I did go outside and there were about 8 teenagers hanging around two cars. Now I will admit they were pretty much behaving themselves but you just never know. We ate breakfast at 5 AM and were back on the road by 6.
The Flying J thing told me I wouldn't do that again and now the above tells me I will not do a Wally World either. My Monty, my truck, me and especially Lorraine are just worth TOO much to me to be taking the cheap, easy way out.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote