Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
Pomona RV Show Montana Models etc.

Just got home from a very warm 100 Degree day at the Pomona RV Show.

Finally got to see some of the new models and get a refresher on the older. The three that stuck in my head:

The 3950BR is really a neat design. Though I don't need the "loft" it could be usable. Great "craft room" as my wife called it, but it didn't have an AC duct.. Very warm in there. Could be a very usable floor plan for us but not enough to walk away from our 3400.

The 3820FK with the front window and big full width booth up front was really cool. If we were cooking people I'd be moving my stuff into one. But, we are not so the huge kitchen simply took too much usable space from the other living areas.

The 3790RD is still the DWs favorite but they killed it for her with the "leather" furniture and its stitching (btw, thank you Keystone!). I see overloading potential but the extra storage would be nice. Not the fan of the AC right in front of the TV and the potential for too much noise when just trying to kick back. Still not enough "like" to walk away from the 3400.

As for the SOB 5th wheels only two caught our eye. One, waaaay out of our price range i'm sure we can all guess which one that is. Hint they are not a full custom build but a mass produced $$$ product. The other is a direct competitor of the Montana line. Keystone would have a hard time keeping me a loyal customer if I were truly in the market. Other than those two, absolutely nothing caught my eye.

We spent a lot of time looking at options to replace our Truck Camper. As much as I love my little 5000lb camper I'm starting to think about a small bumper pull or "tiny" 5er for our weekender (we fulltime in the 3400 which is way to big for some of our favorite getaways). Pulling the tool box and hitch out to open the bed for the camper is a bit off putting anymore. Problem is, I love my camper, hate bumper pulls and I'm too tall for the mid profile < 26ft 5th wheel I saw. So, the check book stayed in the pocket where it belongs.

We'll go back next weekend when it's not so hot and wander around looking at everything we missed. It was just way too hot.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote