Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wanna go for a bike ride?

Ride along with me!
I packed four bottles of water, checked the tires, got my sunglasses, camera and was off to explore.
We are so lucky here at the campground to be close to a newer addition of town homes, duplexes, condo’s and a shopping center. The 3 lakes in the area we are close to, and have trails all around them and the housing area. Otherwise, we are out in the high plains.
A mile or so into the bike ride, I passed a big garden area at one of the lakes, the sign said it was a volunteer group to feed the needy here in Loveland. All the young people were working hard as I rode by them, there were different types of gardens, container, above ground and the big open farm style.
The garden was right on the shoreline of one of the large lakes, my bike path circled the lake, probably 3 miles or so. I took a picture of the lake, then later the opposite side of the lake looking at the first spot. Big lake.
I saw one other guy on a bike, and 3 young women jogging around the lakes, but mostly it was just me. I like to listen to the birds and the sounds of the tires on the different surfaces, the tires hum on concrete and asphalt, give a neat scrunching on the fine ground stone they lined most of the paths with.
I pulled off my t-shirt to get some sun when I was riding after a couple of hours, the sun was hot, but I had a cool breeze. I have noticed that people are very friendly here in Colorado, they smile and wave, and are nice.
As I was passing an office complex, there were probably 20 young people eating lunch in a covered patio, one of them said something to me, I waved at him, didn’t hear what he was saying, but he yelled it again, still didn’t hear him, a guy was walking toward me on the path, he told me the guy is telling you to put your shirt on… So much for the friendly folks..
But, I left it off and continued my bike adventure.
I logged 15 miles, got sun-burned, drank 4 bottles of water returned home, ate a sandwich and took a nap. Pretty good day.

http://tinyurl.com/Ozzbikeride

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
The old me would have to comment, but the new me will just let it go. But!!!!!, I do wonder why they wanted you to put a shirt on??????????????? BINGO, come on in!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I think it probably ruined their appetites, an old shirtless man on a bicycle is not a pretty sight...
Come on Mike, you can say it! Bingo is too nice to slam the Ozz-man, without invitation.
Hey, I don't like any mirrors in the house, every time I look at one, some ugly fat old man looks back at me
Old 06-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
"Younguns!!"
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Coloradans ARE nice people. They were telling you to put your shirt on because it only takes minutes to get a bad burn at altitude. I have to wear a hat all the time and use sunscreen when outdoors.
Nice post about the place you're staying. Maybe the Colorado department of tourism would like to hear about your impressions of Colorado. Glad you're enjoying our state!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lsessoms

"Younguns!!"
Ha! not me, Boomer are 2 years younger than I am. I am 67 years old.

CORattler, it would be negligent to visit here and not speak well of the area.