Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
vacuum breaker

I had the vacuum breaker that is in line to the black tank flush break and flood the place, water started coming out everywhere. Unfortunately it also flooded the furnace and the fan started running, I think it fryed the mother board. My problem is I cant seem to find a replacement vacuum breaker. I thought I read somewhere that Home Depot or Lowes might have them, there is a severe shortage of RV dealers here in the Lake of the Ozarks. I would appreciate any help that can be given.
Bill

William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Gary Christy
Established Member

M.O.C. #7469
Bill You can get it from lakeview rv supply 512-261-8000. I could not find it local. To replace go in the basement and find the lines to it. There are ells on the lines. Take the ells apart (mark them so you can get them back the same line). After taking them apart you can pull the valve up and out the inspection panel for replacement. Easy to do a hepler is nice to have. Gary
Gary Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
here is the web site for supplies for the braker valve

http://www.lakeviewrvsupply.com/

Old 09-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #4
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Thanks for help, however Lakeviews web-site is shut down, from what I have read they have went out of business. I found the valve ok, had to cut a hole in the wall inside the pantry cabinet. The out side fitting on the valve actually broke off. I dryed out the funace yesterday and let it set overnight and it seems to be working fine this morning. Iam going to try another RV dealership this morning that was closed yesterday, Iam hoping that they will have something to replace this Lakeview one.
Bill
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by William H. Collier

Thanks for help, however Lakeviews web-site is shut down, from what I have read they have went out of business. I found the valve ok, had to cut a hole in the wall inside the pantry cabinet. The out side fitting on the valve actually broke off. I dryed out the funace yesterday and let it set overnight and it seems to be working fine this morning. Iam going to try another RV dealership this morning that was closed yesterday, Iam hoping that they will have something to replace this Lakeview one.
Bill
Bill the tag on post I posted works. its just a address and phone number.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, if nothing else you can get some fittings (Home Depot, Lowe's) to connect the two lines together without the valve. Then you can replace the valve later if you want. Or just get some fittings to cap off the lines and don't try to use it.

Probably the easiest temporary fix would to find a flexible hose that's a close fit and use a couple of small radiator hose style clamps to hold it tight. You could even flush without the valve that way. I have to admit mine has the valve removed and replaced with connectors. I have a new valve, just haven't put it in place yet. I've been using the flush this way for probably a year now. (Nothing slow about me)
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #7
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
I found a valve at Quality RV in Linn City Mo.,it is the one used in Heartland RVs. It was about 30 bucks including tax. Installed yesterday and works fine, no leaks.
Bill
http://www.heartlandowners.org/media...k_Tank_Flusher
Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 AM   #8
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Just a FYI on the vacume braker from No-Fuss Flush, the kit shown below cost me 25.00 from the manufacture.

http://www.lakeviewrvsupply.com/