Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #41
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are not taking into consideration the Keystone rolled out the new lines in about October.Need to take another look at quality and construction differences now. I submit that this 2013 3403 Big Sky is a solid unit, good construction, good vendor provided items.Our problems are workmanship issues small not paying attention on the assembly line issues and no quality control to pick them up.One of my struts is tearing off the compartment door. I can hear it bind when closing the door.It is improperly installed Inexcusable.Every small issue we have is shoddy workmanship on the assembly line.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #42
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
A lot of the problems that Rich has been experiencing could easily have been avoided. It relates to certain production lines crank out 15+ units a day and others are averaging 5. No RV is flawless, but it all comes down to the company and how hard they want to push the production on quantity verse quality.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #43
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
here is the list of "problems" thus far. A few were corrected at the fall rally. we call customer service every time we see a problem have them call up our VIN number and list and add the problem. I will not fix anything unless we absolutely have to.I am not a repair facility for Montana. We will be back to the service center in May when we return from Florida.keystone built it and they will bear the cost to make it right.

2013 3402 Big Sky

1. Black , gray, galley tank indicators not accurate. Black tank failed two week after we got the camper.
2. Latch on pantry door not properly installed. Door would not close
3. Border alongside the stove peeled off the first time we boiled water.
4. Latches on most of the drawers would not keep the drawers closed in transit. The ones in the PC desk were not properly installed.
5. Satellite and cable inputs reversed in the convenience center.
6. Microwave /convection oven would not come up close to set heat.
7. Some brackets holding down the curtains are pulling out of the wall.
8. Struts on the compartment doors are pulling out of the door. They are screwed into basically nothing and improperly installed.
9. Propane regulator reads erratic sometimes all red, sometimes all green, sometimes half red. Half green.
10. Valve stem in one tire worked loose from rim causing loss of tire pressure. Had to change tire on the road another has a slow leak.
11. Lug nuts are rusting, all of them.
12. Various screws along fender wells are rusting a couple were missing.
13. Screw on bracket on fender well keeping fender from flapping completely missed its mark causing issue # 12
14. Torque on U bolts on suspension were all under 40LBS..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #44
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
The only thing I saw on the Alpine I liked vs my Monty was the hydraulic front landing gear.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote