Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #21
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Dish Network for us. We have had it over two years now. Sometimes have to find a hole in the sky when parked in trees. One time at Gulf Shores, I couldn't get it because the Wi-Fi antenna was in the way. I would have to move to another site which was impossible at that time.
About 5 min. average for setup. I have a ground tripod that I can move around up to 100 feet.

Lambchop

Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #22
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Harry and Jackie,

A recent article in Business Week (August 4, 2008) talks about Dish titled Dish Starts Falling to Earth.

I have attached it here for your reading. I do have DirecTV and do not have any story critical of Dish. The article speaks for itself. Some like Sirius and some like XM and we now know they are one.

You and I also know that FedEX does a great job hauling US Mail!(Retired USPS)

See link:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...4065678206.htm
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #23
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Looks like the real truth is in the "Most Recent Comments" section.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #24
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have had Dish Network for about 2 years now. Several years ago I had Direct TV, then switched to Cable for cost reasons. Now strictly DISH. I have been extremely pleased. Recently they have upgraded their HD broadcast and it is exceptional quality. I have a Blue Ray Disk player and the HD from DISH is as good as Blue Ray. I hope they get it straightened out.

Sirius and XM finally got the okay to merge about 4 weeks ago. One of the things they had to iron out was how to broadcast both systems to different receivers. I don't know what they settled on, but the Feds have given the ok to merge.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #25
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Attaching the Business Week article was intended to inform. I have no interest in DirecTV nor Dish. Choice is a wonderful thing!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #26
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Folks,
I don't know if this is the place for this type of discussion, but.... We have just purchased a 09 3605RL and because of the location of the amplifier (bedroom closet) and the LR television and the input connector for the Cable/Sat, I've not been able to figure out where to put the sat receiver. I had to do some creative connections on my last rig to make the sat work into the tv's. Because the sat receiver sends voltage to the antenna, it can't do this with other devices in the line. Any suggestions as to what others have done in this "creative" cabling would be appreciated. There is also a short looping coax cable in the living room between a connector marked "Cable/Sat" and another right below it. Then another connector to which the HDTV is connected. I sure wish that there was a wiring diagram for these rigs available so that the average owner could easily figure out where each piece of coax went.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #27
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
Directv for me. I've had both. I tried dish for a year and couldn't wait to get back to Directv. I live and camp mostly in Georgia. The tree cover at most campgrounds made it difficult to set up requiring a bigger hole in the tree canopy to receive both satellites for most channels. It also required a second dish pointed in different direction to get all the channels in my market. In addition the Dish satellites are lower on the horizon than Directv. I have a five satellite HD Directv dish hooked up to a 52" TV at home however I have no need for HDTV in my camper. The small size of the televisions in campers really can't take much advantage of a HD signal. The pixels are so close together the eye can barely distinguish the difference between a 480p signal from a 1080p signal on a camper size TV. I use a 26" flat panel 16:9 aspect ratio 1080p capable in my camper bedroom with a 480p signal and a 27" 4:3 ratio TV in the living room and the picture on both is magnificent. My opinion Directv!
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #28
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stimpy123

There is also a short looping coax cable in the living room between a connector marked "Cable/Sat" and another right below it. Then another connector to which the HDTV is connected. I sure wish that there was a wiring diagram for these rigs available so that the average owner could easily figure out where each piece of coax went.
Try this. I think this originated with Brad. It depicts the TV Cabling in 2005 and subsequent Montanas. AFAIK, there hasn't been any changes to this wiring in the most current models.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a6a0ox&s=4

You might want to do a "Search" as there has been a significant amount of discussion about how to cable up a satellite system. Here is one recent thread:

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27690&SearchTerms=antenna

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote